Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Exomax
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of parallels between new crossbow technology and Ham Radio CW (Morse Code). The old timers really fought hard against eliminating the Morse Code requirement to get a Ham Radio license. This was crazy because the hobby was dying off as the old times died off. When the CW requirement was eliminated for some licenses the Ham Radio hobby growth took off. Now the new technology enables hams to talk to the space station, bounce signals off the moon, etc. It’s a hobby now being joined by young people interested in the new communication modes. CW is still being used and is going to be around a long time.

Bill

·
13,197 Posts
Like … writing in "script." It's hard for Baby Boomers to accept, but it's a constrictive archaic form of communication. I'll venture a guess that it will be extinct in the next decade or so. And realistically "why do we still need it?"

·
6,261 Posts
Cursive writing is no longer taught in the school where I teach the NASP.
ko4nrbs, you made a great parallel. I love shooting my traditional bow but hunt more with the more efficient crossbow, but I don’t impose that on the vertical crossbow people to get to hunt. They don’t need to impose their compound stuff on crossbow users.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
In all the end of the world apocolypse movies Ham operators are always shown trying to establish communications with other people still alive(like the terminator movie where they end up underground in the mountans).

CW goes out the farthest! But you have to go real slow for me to copy... real slow.

73's from Michigan.

You guys are talking about ham radio and script. I was surprised to learn that the younger people don't even text message anymore.

I would just be happy to find one method of communication that works with women!

Reactions: oc3 and Moon

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
...I would just be happy to find one method of communication that works with women!
After nearly 43 years of marriage I found the answer to that one. Let them do ALL the talking and you just answer "Yes Dear!" LOL:D:D:D

·
13,197 Posts
In all the end of the world apocolypse movies Ham operators are always shown trying to establish communications with other people still alive(like the terminator movie where they end up underground in the mountans).

CW goes out the farthest! But you have to go real slow for me to copy... real slow.

73's from Michigan.

You guys are talking about ham radio and script. I was surprised to learn that the younger people don't even text message anymore.

I would just be happy to find one method of communication that works with women!
Pin … hundred dollar bills to your lapels.;)
Nightclub Event Fun Party Model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.