Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in hearing members experiences good or bad with these broadheads... before I hit buy now. Would be using for deer at probably 35 yards max, out of a C.P. Sniper on the end of Spynal Tapps. This will be my first year with X-bow although hunted many years with a vert compound but not in nearly 20 years. Never used a mechanical and not sure I want to.
These seem like these would be very durable and effective if they fly well. One piece design and thicker blades than the replacables. The only negative I find is a video on you tube questioning.their flight noise due to the vented blades.

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
33 Posts
Interested in hearing members experiences good or bad with these broadheads... before I hit buy now. Would be using for deer at probably 35 yards max, out of a C.P. Sniper on the end of Spynal Tapps. This will be my first year with X-bow although hunted many years with a vert compound but not in nearly 20 years. Never used a mechanical and not sure I want to.
These seem like these would be very durable and effective if they fly well. One piece design and thicker blades than the replacables. The only negative I find is a video on you tube questioning.their flight noise due to the vented blades.
After reading all the reviews on fixed vs mechanical heads (due to the possible poor flight of fixed blades) I personally went with the 3 blade mechanical heads and have had excellent results with
the 100 grain wasp JAK X at this point. So that being said I have also seen some really nice deer taken with the Muzzys.
The best way to know for sure is to shoot one of each to find out what works best for your set up, I also shoot a CP Sniper and I also know it's an expensive way figure out
which one to use. The guys I've talked to using fixed say the only time they lose accuracy is when they are shooting in open areas past 30 yards on really windy days.
Seems like all the broadhead manufacturing guys have got us by short hairs these days with all this HIGH tech stuff.
Good luck this coming season , Your gonna Love x bow huntin, It"s a BLAST.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks
That is one of the videos that got me wondering if these had any fans here on the forum.
It seems they are somewhat new at least in the X-bow version.
I may have to do my own testing .... thinking these or Truglo Titanium fixed blade,then perhaps one of the Slick Tricks. Either way none of these or all for that matter, would be the most costly thing I will have been influenced to buy from lurking around on this forum. LOL

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
33 Posts
After reading all the reviews on fixed vs mechanical heads (due to the possible poor flight of fixed blades) I personally went with the 3 blade mechanical heads and have had excellent results with
the 100 grain wasp JAK X at this point. So that being said I have also seen some really nice deer taken with the Muzzys.
The best way to know for sure is to shoot one of each to find out what works best for your set up, I also shoot a CP Sniper and I also know it's an expensive way figure out
which one to use. The guys I've talked to using fixed say the only time they lose accuracy is when they are shooting in open areas past 30 yards on really windy days.
Seems like all the broadhead manufacturing guys have got us by short hairs these days with all this HIGH tech stuff.
True that man, good luck and good huntin

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks !!
I am really going to try to stay away from mechanicals for now.
Possibly influenced by watching too many Ranch Fairy video's. LOL
Anyhow in my compound bow days everything was fixed blade.
Guess I will have to do some testing... invest and test, when the weather improves.
Good Luck in your future hunting endevars !

·
Registered
centerpoint sniper 370
33 Posts
Thanks !!
I am really going to try to stay away from mechanicals for now.
Possibly influenced by watching too many Ranch Fairy video's. LOL
Anyhow in my compound bow days everything was fixed blade.
Guess I will have to do some testing... invest and test, when the weather improves.
Good Luck in your future hunting endevars !
Thanks, you too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts