Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body else use these? Tried them today ,dam they fly nice right on with my 125 grain field points, very nice!

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Maybe like users will see your post and add to it. Ive never tried the trocars. There are just WAY TOO MANY mechanicals out there these days. You'd spend a FORTUNE trying to shoot them all.

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry should have specified I'm using the 125 grain fixed blade on zombie slayers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am using the Muzzy HBX hybrid 100 gr but have not shot anything with them yet. They fly exactly like the field points out of my Excaliber Bulldog 380.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Huh guess I'm the only one who uses them lmao!
Woops, sorry. Never noticed. I use the Muzzy Trocar on the hybrid head. I'm in Texas and stick a lot of hogs and never have had to discard a head after killing a porker. As far as the trocar hybrids go, oddly, while the entry wound is really big, the exits are a little smaller than I would expect. Can share pictures if you wish. Still they kill very quickly so the internal damage must be extensive.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I used them in the late 1990's and early 2000's.
Never forget the testimonial pic. A deer that jumped the string and ended up taking a Muzzy Tro tip thru the skull. Half of the label
" Muzzy " could be seen sticking out the other side. From a compound bow. Its a much better tip than the Thunderhead.
I would take up golf before i hunted with a mech head.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
Any body else use these? Tried them today ,dam they fly nice right on with my 125 grain field points, very nice!
Good to know. I’ve been thinking about trying these. I shoot 125 grain also.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good to know. I’ve been thinking about trying these. I shoot 125 grain also.
I have been using muzzy 4 blade 100 gr since they came out ; somewhere around 1986 or so. I have made some bad shots a few time and muzzys always made me look good. i took a big eight and a bear this year and let me say this . if you are hunting for bears i think u better be using a fixed head. you need penetration not a big cut on the skin surface. bears have a lot of hair and inches of fat below to block up the surface cut. to each his own and each year a friend or friend of a friend wind up following blood trails that peter out. they ask what happened. the mechanical heads seem not to be good on the angle away shots. etc. stay with a fixed head like muzzy slick trick etc. you won't go wrong!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am contemplating a move from my spear heads ( orig. Snuffers ) to 125 Hellrazors , on vertical & xbow.
If i take one of the recurves, will still use the big snuffers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have they made a practice head for the hybrid?
Not that I have seen. I was just poking around yesterday. For the last 3 years I have been contemplating trying the trocar hybrids. But I just feel shooting the head into a block for practice. Would damage the mechanical blades when pulling the arrow. I could be wrong, but it just looks like if the arrow doesn’t stick out the back side (allowing you to unscrew the head and pull the arrow) I feel like the mechanical blades will damage. Maybe some of these guys have some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
358 Posts
I ordered some of the muzzy trocar 125 grain. I won’t be shooting them into a target either. Probably would damage the two expandable blades trying to get them out. Be nice to have a practice head.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not that I have seen. I was just poking around yesterday. For the last 3 years I have been contemplating trying the trocar hybrids. But I just feel shooting the head into a block for practice. Would damage the mechanical blades when pulling the arrow. I could be wrong, but it just looks like if the arrow doesn’t stick out the back side (allowing you to unscrew the head and pull the arrow) I feel like the mechanical blades will damage. Maybe some of these guys have some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've shot my Trocar Hybrids in to my block with no issues but only did it a couple of times to make it was hitting where the field point was...and it was. Muzzy does sell a replacement kit for them pretty inexpensively. Have a couple entry wound pics on hogs with them if you want to see them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts