Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i have have some repairs to fix, also arrow & scope/stock issues to work through.
I had a string that a strand come loose, twisted it several times but did not tighten up. So i pulled it off n chunked it. Put on a string i had made for my MXB400. Sight issues, the reflex was decent but my eyes were not as i saw 3 red dots not one. So i took it off n put on a Dead Zone, had to adjust stock out twice to get eye view. So then the scope was too fast to get trajectory right past 40 yards. Did i tell y'all i have T-Rex arms, short really short for a man that was 5' 10'. I am not happy with the arrow grouping at 40 yards. So i pull the scope n put on my VX-R , had to adjust stock all the way out for eye. Now the lop is too far for comfort, i don't have a longer scope mount rail. So once again this is not working well on balance n handling. These short barreled scopes don't have enough room to put both rings close together to move scope farther away for eye clearance n help with lop issues. So i am looking through my collection of scopes n there sits my VX-1 Leupold 1x4 Shotgun scope with thicker x hair. Ah ha room to put both rings on the scope barrel behind turrents.So now i get it forward on the scope mount. Have lop just right, have stock adjusted all the way in, have great eye clearance. Now to fix the arrow issues of accuracy at least to 40 yards. I have on hand 1 dz. NAP FOC's at 170 gr n matching field pts. I am sighting in scope with the arrows which now weigh in at 495 gr. Have fixed x hair scope, so i got it right at 30 yards center. Shooting very well less than a golf ball sized area. I take target back to 40 yards using my rangefinders readings. I shoot by using the bottom of x hair joint, its only 1.5" lower than my point of aim. So i aim just a tad higher above my spider n its there. So i am getting golf ball sized group at 40 yards, i set up at 20 yards n use the high joint aim just a little below the spider outline. Whoa its there, so i have arrows hitting right at 20-30 n 40 yards all no bigger than a golf ball using arrows of 495 gr out of the lil 320. I love it when things finally get right. Now i still have the squeaky axle pins to deal with n get them quiet. I don't like rice crispys noises while cocking.

·
3,910 Posts
Glad you got it figured out, Mike. That’s how I set up my Leupold shotgun scopes. Crosshairs at 30, bottom duplex point at 40, top one ends up very close at 20. Very quick to use when a deer walks into range. On my MXB Dagger, I use a ten point Rangemaster pro. Stock one notch out from the shortest setting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts