Crossbow Nation banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I never doubted that it would work. I have seen all your pics of the stuff you have been hauling around using that bike and been amazed at times. :)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
I never doubted that it would work. I have seen all your pics of the stuff you have been hauling around using that bike and been amazed at times. :)
I know you didn't Robert. That was a late comment back to KTK. ;)

FWIW, I managed to have the bike fall off the west end of the bridge. The deck on that end is about 30" off the ground and it flipped. I was sure something bent, moved, broke, etc.... Nada! I was happy and at the same time impressed that it's sturdy.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Right on, man! I hope your wife sees greatness when ya keep come'n back to your cave all stinky and dirty from play'n around on that massive property!....lol 😆

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Right on, man! I hope your wife sees greatness when ya keep come'n back to your cave all stinky and dirty from play'n around on that massive prperty!....lol 😆
Ha! :giggle:

Well, for the first time in 3 years she joined me last night when I went up to set the coon traps. A positive step. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Ha! :giggle:

Well, for the first time in 3 years she joined me last night when I went up to set the coon traps. A positive step. (y)
Indeed, brainwashing takes time, TX_RDXguy.
You are getting there it seems.
LOLOL!
JK!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
No doubt!

The sight of me in my Nike shorts sporting my Muck camo hunters with smell of fresh pineapple and marshmallow coon bait wafting through the air makes for quite the moment......

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Brocraft Jon boat wheels. Turns it into a self rolling trailer
They are an option. There are a couple solutions that work but the tandem idea was using things on hand and cost me nothing, which is rare on this property ;) I don't intend to ever move these jon boats out so my work is done.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Great land and set up. Can not wait to see the hunting trips you have on it. Those pigs do look delicious!
TX_RDXguy has worked his tail off on this property. He's going to have a glorious end to 2020. Impressed!

Who needs a workout gym when you put in the time like that. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Sandy Creek bridge is 99% complete with ramps on both ends!

The 1% left is an edge rail, probably just 2X4s screwed to both of the outer edges.

The east end ramp was easy to make by pushing a little dirt around. It's done with some fine tuning left to do by hand.

I found a local company that had "seconds" of stamped aluminum in various lengths and widths. I picked up 4 sections that were 9' long and 7" wide and 1 section that was 12' long and 19" wide. All of these pieces were edge bent 2"X2. I cut the big piece to 9', drilled and bolted them together with two 7" wide pieces on each side. The end result is pretty stable and should last a long time with foot travel and an occasional eBike on it..

Slapped the ramp on the crawler cart and hauled it to the bridge this morning. Yes, it's partially painted black in this picture. It eventually took 3 cans to get all the surfaces covered.

A 9' ramp seems to have the right angle to it. It's securely screwed to the bridge decking.

I dug a small ditch at ground level for the foot end of the ramp so it was flush. Used some 1/2" re-bar pieces and made 18" stakes to drive in and secure the foot of the ramp.

The east / west trail is now a virtual eBike super highway. Carting corn around to fill feeders just got a little easier and rain events are less of an issue.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Nothing but hard earned paradise in the western heartland.

Rich, nothing short of amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
.I found a local company that had "seconds" of stamped aluminum in various lengths and widths. I picked up 4 sections that were 9' long and 7" wide and 1 section that was 12' long and 19" wide.
looking great, TX_RDXguy!
Great idea using aluminum to prevent rust.
Congrats on getting to enjoy the fruits of all your hard work!

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
You all are way too nice. I do enjoy the prep., doing things a little different and the challenge of it all "most" of the time. The landowner was not too keen to my idea for this ramp so I made an agreement with him that if he didn't think it was safe I'd take it out. I sent him the pictures of it today and I think he's a believer now.

With the creek bridge functional and the Guppy at Sandy I now need to venture into the NW section and do some prep up there. I've got two corn feeders and a protein feeder that are empty or close to empty. More early morning workouts Tom. I could use some help with the 50 lb corn bags. Getting six of them out of the boat, up the bank and 200 yards to the feeder is a workout. I'm usually toast after 3 trips. Where's that SIL when I need him?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
The clover got cut today for the 3rd time. I suspect that the hotter temps and dryer Aug. and Sept. will slow it's growth down and I may loose some of it to the heat. Fall rains will bring it back so there will be clover during deer season.

I've had a tough time this summer with weeds and I suspect my spot tilling and soil fertilization brought to life some dormant weeds. Today the Toro got to them which should put the hurt to their re-growth as well.

Here is the "Before" shot and you can see significant weed growth at the far side of the plot.

And here's the "After" shot with the same characters at the feeder.

The WhiteTail Institute Imperial Whitetail Clover has been a good grower this year. Hopefully next year with the help of Mother Nature and timely irrigation, it will be even better.

Feeders are full, cameras are out and I'll try to stay away from this place for the next 60 days. I need a distraction.....

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Did you figure out the water pump challenges?

181 - 200 of 229 Posts