Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had pair of coopers Hawks nesting across the street. They have played hell on the local bird population hitting our bird feeders. Saw one chasing a squirrel one morning. The eggs have hatched and the parents are training the young. Mom brought a squirrel over to one of the babies and my daughter got the camera. The pic of one stretching and fanning the tail is nice. You can still see red on the talons and feathers.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Very nice pictures. I love to take photos while I'm outdoors of all the different animals I see and I love showing them to the grandkids. Especially the animals they may never see otherwise. Cool! Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've enjoyed watching them. They are hell on the local small animal population. We were sitting on the back deck and feathers flew over the roof and by us. "Hawk got another one" we said. I was working on the truck and heard a squirrel going around a tree really fast. Looked up and the hawk was doing 360s after it. He would rest a bit and the tree rat would just hit the other side and not move. Then back after him. This went on for a while and finally he gave up on that one.

Here's one more with lunch.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got a new camera, Canon 30D, and went out to play today. Got these. Bobcat was really far off. Walked right across the road we were on and didn't even look our way. Yearlings just about ran us over chasing each other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts