Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my little girl out hunting last night with the Mission Sub-1 that I designed an adapter to mount it on a tripod with a ball head mount. We almost didn’t go because the wind was blowing and swirling. Ellie really wanted to go, so I took her out to the blind. About 6:00 a spike came into the field about 70 yards from us. He slowly followed the fence line over to about 28 yards out from us. He was not in a shooting lane when he stopped to sniff the wind. We tried Nose Jammer for the first time that night. He smelled something, but went back to feeding. When he got in our lane, he was standing straight away from us. I set the HHA Optimizer to 23 yards and quietly asked Ellie to wait until he turned. He took a step and was quartering away. Ellie was on the scope and focused like a laser beam. She was perfectly calm and collected. When the shot was right, I told her to shoot me an eleven. (We shoot a lot of 3D archery, and she knows exactly where the eleven ring is on the feeding doe target). She said ok, and pressed the trigger. She caught the lungs and broke his far shoulder. It dropped on the spot, and never got back up. I am so proud of my 9 year old little girl! She has a doe tag and we are going to try to fill that tomorrow night.
http://instagr.am/p/CGFCgNgJmOP/

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
AWESOME !!!!
Congrats to the young lady !!!

Reactions: bmiller

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Nothing better then creating a hunting legacy. Congrats!

·
Registered
13,341 Posts
Congrats to Ellie!:) That's a fine first buck. And....congrats to her Dad too. You did good!;):)

·
Registered
111 Posts
So Awesome, such great memories you two will have. Great shot young lady and congratulations. The country needs more mentors like you sir

1 - 20 of 57 Posts