Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
watched bunch on utube vids and tried to read some info and well.. when i saw 400fps xbow at 300€ with features i liked i looked no more

delivery took few days longer than expected, but cant complain as weather was horrible in eu then.
package to my relief didnt weight that much and was a joy to finally open it
on to reading instructions manul, which did not exists, brief picture to picture instructions to put it all together and safety warnings was all there was and pictures and diagrams looked bit messy to me, all in all i got it all together just fine
and ofcourse forgot the tiny plastic piece between raiser and barrel, as ive seen someone doing same thing on tube and swore i will not do that same silly thing....

stirrup was wierdly bent and had to bend it to make it fit, i re installed it after few weeks, needed to carefully bend it to make it go all the way in to holes on both sides

then i tryed to figure if the rail lube was also ment for the string and cable, i ended up not using it on em, just for the barrel, got it eventually evenly and later learned that it cant be a thick layer, just tiny sheet to maintain accuracy

first shot i did i had it resting on chair, really glad i didnt miss the target, it kicked up so hard from that and it took me few days to figure it, i was thinking that scope (which was different than in picture at they site) had an issue on hairs
and installation as i saw one of the russian vids, but turned out that everything was fine with the scope and as i saw it had fewer moving parts than one in picture i was just happy with it. its same scope as in US versions of this xb
also found out that too much lube will push arrows up for an inch in short distance

learned that it kind of settles in for few days after putting it together, so zeroing it can take a while

the adjustable stock clacking was bit odd to me, seen from tube that its common in all tube adjustables
ended up using rubber string at the bottom of tube (closest to trigger that is) and adjusted it to shortest position, it now clicks there firmly and dosnt have that rattle noise. happy to have adjustable cheeck piece there, really makes a difference

ended up removing the front handle and quiver connector after few weeks, turned out that it cured the bad trigger pull i had. it also removed some front weight and it really was notable, lot easier to keep it steady now and more fun doing dry firing practice

one day when checkin that screws were all tight i accidently tightened one of the screws from string dampeners too tight, it totally destroyed screws inside support piece of it, had to flip it around and it saved a day
looked to me like support piece is very light and brittle alumium and any extra force will destroy screws in it

trigger on this is very nice for me atleast, it has very little empty and there is no tell tell or stop part to tell when its going off, hence there is no extra force needed to make it go and this makes it really easy for me to avoid pull

yet to see how accurate i can get with it on further distances, not sure if i can wait for the spring to come until i get out with it.

all in all its very very accurate on short distance even with manufacturers arrows, and im pretty sure i will get some more of those, just to be sure that i dont get wrong ones, as most of the sellers here dosnt include any of the basic info needed to buy em on they sites, not even grains, which is really really odd

maybe i will someday get rich and can afford for top quality product, but untill then i will be very happy shooting with this one and hope it has long happy life :)

(disclaimer: do not modify ur xbow anyway or else...)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
...continued

after i took riser out to fix broken thread in support piece for dampener, i notised decrease in accurary, even tho same arrow could hit a spot, other arrows had wider spread
and there was no way to zero it for 3 arrows, im sure arrows has some wear but this seemed something else, i though scope was faulty, but yet again it seems ok, even tho the screw to tighten lense is useless now, it dosnt hold it in place after i used it for 2nd time, just pops up when getting it tighter

so last night i decided to look if i could do something for a left cam appearing to be lower than the other as the serving started to wear out heavily on left side, riser came out easy now and i saw that there is some loose in side ways, i could turn riser on barrel once bolt was losen so that cams came to level and carefully tightening the bolt while keeping it even now has fixed the inaccuracy i had, spread on different arrows are again less than 0.5". it was about 1" or more (as measured from point of aim, not from the group (shooting at very short distance))
secure screw to hold riser bolt in place dosnt seem to do anything, bolt acts as it wasnt even there even if its screwd in all the way

ordered 2 dozens of the cheapest carbon arrow i could find, claimed to hold 240lb, i just hope they dont blow in to my face and maybe there is few decent ones among em

looking forward to get quality string and straight arrows in future

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,184 Posts
Welcome to the forum Fly. Glad to hear your enjoying your first crossbow . Those string silencers (rubber pieces in your pic) are string silencers. In most cases they fail and are not worth replacing. If you have any other questions feel free to ask them, there are folks here with lots of experience that are more than willing to help.
Take care
Oncebitten
Take care

·
Registered
Northeastern Wisconsin
208 Posts
My string silencer both have gone missing. I don't know if it matters.
My riser was not lever with barrel at first. It took several attempts to
tighten the bolt and have it level. It is staying level now.

The set screw not holding...maybe new screw with a fresh tip will help it
hold? If it won't tighten up and threads are stripped..install a long set screw
may get you into good threads. If it won't stay tight..install long set screw that
protrudes and put nut on it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My string silencer both have gone missing. I don't know if it matters.
My riser was not lever with barrel at first. It took several attempts to
tighten the bolt and have it level. It is staying level now.

The set screw not holding...maybe new screw with a fresh tip will help it
hold? If it won't tighten up and threads are stripped..install a long set screw
may get you into good threads. If it won't stay tight..install long set screw that
protrudes and put nut on it.
for the scope screw, i think threads are ruined, but lense is stiff to turn and i just hope it holds in place
for the risers bolt secure it looks to me bit short for the purpose, but im ok for it not ruining the bolt that holds it into barrel, i rather check that tightness anyway than rely on "secure" screw

waiting for other silencer to fail to balance the string, i took a look at it and its half way there

cheers for the answers

·
Registered
Northeastern Wisconsin
208 Posts
The kraken (/ˈkrɑːkən/) is a legendary sea monster of gigantic size and cephalopod-like appearance in Scandinavian folklore. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors.

Is there a etched line on the bottom side of the cams on your Kraken? Look under the cables where they come of the cam, they are there to help check timing.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The kraken (/ˈkrɑːkən/) is a legendary sea monster of gigantic size and cephalopod-like appearance in Scandinavian folklore. According to the Norse sagas, the kraken dwells off the coasts of Norway and Greenland and terrorizes nearby sailors.

Is there a etched line on the bottom side of the cams on your Kraken? Look under the cables where they come of the cam, they are there to help check timing.
yes, found it. under front cable. looks like they are bit off in uncocked position, i hope thats not an issue
ive seen one video of timings checking, but i dont have tools to do anything about it, but still was looking to way to check it

cheers

edit: i was compering the lines to cables and of course they are not symmetrical, so cant tell if timings are right or not
edit2: btw i think theres few seamonsters through europe, but looks like one on the coast of norway is the biggest monster

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guess this rope will last atleast another 100 pulls or double, maybe even more

took me few cockings to get it right, had to pull as much as i could with my arms, then with the back
shortened the rope as short i could and its just in limits to make it an easy to cock
after around 75 shots i finally switched to use hooks up, even tho it felt easier with hooks down
its more consistent with hooks up

·
Registered
Northeastern Wisconsin
208 Posts
Never tried hooks down. Getting same wear pattern as you.
My rope is orange and has close to zero stretch

Make myself look down at the rope before cocking. Had a problem
when rope became half off way off on one side of stock and tried to
cock bow.

My lower back muscles tell me how much I can shoot. They like it if I
completely straighten back first, then finish with arms

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
guess this rope will last atleast another 100 pulls or double, maybe even more

View attachment 193295

took me few cockings to get it right, had to pull as much as i could with my arms, then with the back
shortened the rope as short i could and its just in limits to make it an easy to cock
after around 75 shots i finally switched to use hooks up, even tho it felt easier with hooks down
its more consistent with hooks up
Make sure it's as short as possible and that will help in the cocking process. It's also a convenient way to store the cocking rope with the bow. I've been a hooks down guy for years and since the Gen 2 trigger changing the style of the Cocking Pep. Switch it's not been an issue.

Reactions: fly

·
Registered
Northeastern Wisconsin
208 Posts
Stowing the cocking rope with bow will save me at least a hour of my life and the aggravation...
Now if I knew where I put that rope last...

Fly: let us know when your newly ordered arrows come in.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never tried hooks down. Getting same wear pattern as you.
My rope is orange and has close to zero stretch

Make myself look down at the rope before cocking. Had a problem
when rope became half off way off on one side of stock and tried to
cock bow.

My lower back muscles tell me how much I can shoot. They like it if I
completely straighten back first, then finish with arms
i will try the right way once my arms develope some muscles

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stowing the cocking rope with bow will save me at least a hour of my life and the aggravation...
Now if I knew where I put that rope last...

Fly: let us know when your newly ordered arrows come in.
i took free shipping from amazon.de, im pretty sure summer will arrive sooner than my arrows, but i will let you know :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
other day one of the wings from left silencer sprung off and stang my arm, glad i had my safety shirt on, no bruses, but got me thinking that
these rubber silencers are not safe, one day later one piece of rubber again flew away and i took away what i could with dull knife

today i decided to cut rest of it, as it was not coming out by shootin, it came out pretty easy after i cut excess that prevented it from going through
i know this is not recommended as you can easily damage the string, i made sure i kept the blade outwards while doing it

trying to plan how to catalog 24 obviously bad quality arrows, thinking it takes 5-10 shots for each and few more to see how many constant arrows there is
and after that arrows that group should be pretty much done as according to other thread here, most arrows lasts about 20shots before they show signs of weakening
and after im done with the arrows i assume my string should be pretty much done also or atleast the center serving

still atleast month away tho...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
finally had my first longer distance shootout, about 20yards. it was pretty dark allready outside so i couldnt see where the arrows landed and didnt check the poi between shots, didnt hear em braking into cliff behind so i was pretty confident i hit the target, turns out that they all landed 8inches high from poa, which was just hair above my target so they landed pretty deep into pine tree, i had set my point blank zeroing inch high and this was way too much, good news is that 2 of 3 arrows were touching and one runner was my worst and first arrow was about 2 inches into side and i think i pulled it a bit too

what i learned today from my Kraken that its pretty darn accurate, even on factory arrows and scope
also learned that carrying crossbow and the target goes well for the workout
and i think i know where to get pine resin now, if i need, even if its winter, pretty sad for the tree as it now has 3 arrow bits inside

1 - 20 of 205 Posts