Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
23 Posts
New crossbow

Unless you give me hard information on:

1. Projected Cost

2. How it works

I will consider it to be a mock up. Sorry, but there has been too much smoke and mirrors to accept anything less. I need bolt weight, speed from a chronograph and of course foot pounds of Ke.

I have been following all of the threads on this and archerytalk. I still do not have what I call GOOD INFORMATION. I do not need a cheer leader, I need an engineer who can help me understand the power source and gives me hard data on what happens when you pull the trigger.

I wish you well with your project. Putting camo on it does nothing to answer the above questions. A pig in a dress is still a pig. A diamond set in brass is still a diamond.

navydad

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not for sale mine

my baby is not for sale ..for looking only not selling
There are a lot of people who want to see this.......

Talismancrossbows.com is here with a Talkin Talisman forum...

·
72 Posts
HOW THE MANTIS WORK,S by Phil

Navydad,the bow is of a pivoted design and if you look at where the bow join's the stock you will see two connecting rod's that are pivoted to the each limb these rod,s upon drawing the bowstring compresses a specially designed and made set of incredibly powerful spring's that can store over 4.000 lbs per square inch.As you squeeze the trigger the energy stored in the spring's is transferd to the bow and the string so shooting the bolt at incredibly high velocity even with arrow of 600 grn and more.If i can be of anymore help then i would be pleased to assistl.I will be getting it chronographed asap with a selection of different bolt weight's and i will keep everybody posted,Thank's,Phil.

·
23 Posts
Phil your pm is full

i tried to send you a PM but your account is full. You need to clear some out in order to get new ones.

navydad

·
72 Posts
Ill get to it right now Navydad

I know,it is i am useless on computer's and i have been trying to sort it out,i ll see if i can get this sorted asap,please bear with me,Phil.

·
23 Posts
PM's

Each message has a small white box on the far right. put a check in each box. At the bottom of all of the messages is a box that offers you several options on what to do with the messages. select DELETE AND GO FROM THERE. You will delete all messages that you have checked. Keep the number of messages you save both sending and receiving under 50. Really keep the number under 25. All messages count both in and out. Maybe the moderator can help by clearing out some of them. Problem for him is he will not know which ones you want to save. You might help by sending him a message here. good luck. navy dad

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congradulations to Phil

Congradulations to Phil and His New web site
and His own forum, compliments of Ivan of Acabape

Happy anniversary Acabape
God bless Ivan and His family..and his we design team in Peru..

Talismancrossbows.com

is online and up you are all welcome..

Owner of crossbow Review first Guest to his new web sight..

·
Banned
364 Posts
posted by McClaskey: my new hunting bow pic

I have yet to find one state where that "arrow launching thing" would be considered legal for hunting!!!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
theTalsiman Mantis will be sold as a target bow
I am not going to argue the point is it legal or not,

It is up to the purchaser to use as they see fit.

Point well taken, The bow will look just like any other crossbow design as far as that goes the one in pic has cut away for viewing the hidden spring for trade show.

As far as hunting it is legal to use for coyotes.
The spring will be hidden in stock..
It is up to the individual purchaser to do what they wish to do with it.

The Mantis will be Sold as a target Bow. only...in camo..lol,

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Well if any state would allow it that would be Ohio. You should have it assessed for legality in Ohio. Would open your hunting market if it passes. We do have a 200lb limit however. That would have to be restricted and measurable. Otherwise you should be golden. No FPS limit that I know of. In fact all that is required in the laws as I can find them are:
(4) A longbow and arrow or a crossbow having a working safety and a stock twenty-five inches or longer. Cocking levers and devices may be used on crossbows. Provided further:

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess explosive or poisoned arrows or bolts while hunting with a longbow or crossbow;

:)eek: It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt deer or turkey with a longbow having a draw weight less than forty pounds, or with a crossbow having a draw weight less than seventy-five pounds or greater than two hundred pounds.
Crossbows used in hunting wild animals shall have a working safety and have a stock twenty-five inches or longer. Cocking levers and devices may be used on crossbows.

I can't find an exact definition of what this state says a crossbow is. Isn't that interesting??? Now I wonder what my state thinks a crossbow is/should be by definition. Forcing that card would shake up the crossbow world. Do the feds have a definition for crossbow? Someone tell me what the definitions
of a crossbow are according to your state. (*note* I know what the Webster definition is. I am interested in what governments think a crossbow is). Post your state's definition of a crossbow.

DaGriz said:
posted by McClaskey: my new hunting bow pic

I have yet to find one state where that "arrow launching thing" would be considered legal for hunting!!!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Main Entry:
crossbow Listen to the pronunciation of crossbow
Pronunciation:
-ˌbō

Function:
noun
Date:
15th century

: a weapon for shooting quarrels and stones that consists chiefly of a short bow mounted crosswise near the end of a stock

From Websters Dictionary/above

kentucky crossbow law,
ARCHERY & CROSSBOW EQUIPMENT RESTRICTIONS

Legal

• Longbows, recurve bows, compound bows and crossbows (during crossbow season)

• Broadheads at least 7/8” wide

• Any draw weight (no minimum)

Attachments

·
Banned
364 Posts
If you look deep into the regulations, in most every state you will find that the Talisman Arrow Launcher is not legal for hunting as the arrow is propelled by compression springs, not the limbs!!. It is not printed in the short pamphlet that is handed out free. You have to get into the bigger volume of state game and hunting laws or talk to some one knowledgeable at each state Dept of Natural Resources!

My advice to those who want to stay legal and avoid problems; is stay away from that arrow launching device for hunting!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
???lol???what

Prove me wrong with facts please...it will not work without a string and a limbs,lol

it took some ,some time to except the compound it will take others time to understand energywave technology,

It is sold as a target bow, it is up to the purchaser to use and enjoy as they like, it does meet all crossbow laws criteria, prove me wrong with written facts please..,lol the limbs draw weight does not excede 200 lbs, if you do not like it,ignore it and shoot what you choose this is america.

I shoot what I please and this pleases me very much.

·
Banned
364 Posts
As defined by the inventor, the arrow is propelled by compression springs, (not the limbs) which puts this arrow launcher in the same class as an air gun (which propells projectiles by spring compression) None of which are legal for hunting game animals!!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why does it have a string ????????

why does it have a string??and whats on the end of the string? and what launches the arrow ? a string...............not a spring...........

·
Banned
364 Posts
You can talk or argue your fool head off , it will do no good!! The limbs do not store energy and the string is no more than a means of guiding the arrow, an extention of the compression springs. It will never qualify as a bow or crossbow, nor a legal means for hunting game animals!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.