Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Y25 yesterday This is one awesome crossbow. I have a wolfszeit scope mount and a Leupold 3x9 50mm. I am going to use this setup strickly for target shooting, long distance 80 to 100 yds. My Y25 is a lefty number 999.

·
1,819 Posts
Congratulations! Have you shot it yet?:)

·
287 Posts
I still have not received my free lefty from Excalibur yet but I know it will come.
(as he clicks the heels of his ruby slippers and chants"THERES NOW BOW LIKE THE Y25,THERES NO BOW LIKE THE Y25)

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
wapiti said:
Got my Y25 yesterday This is one awesome crossbow. I have a wolfszeit scope mount and a Leupold 3x9 50mm. I am going to use this setup strickly for target shooting, long distance 80 to 100 yds. My Y25 is a lefty number 999.
Moonkryket has posted a few places great results w/ 484 gr arrows, lots of FOC. I converted some 435 gr GT's by adding weight[125 gr points and an inch of threaded rod in both nock and insert] to close to 484 gr, got great results but couldn't dial in my multi-range scopes w/ them. Did get some 1-1.5" groups[benched at 50 yds] w/ GT's w/ brass inserts, 100 gr points, 2" Blazers, total about 400 gr. #997 LH. Needless to say, it was dead calm.

·
821 Posts
wapiti said:
Good luck with your setup. Do you shoot at an indoor or outdoor range?
I am also interested in shooting targets with a crossbow. I shoot handguns now, but am looking to shoot bows on other days. Am wondering how much does that Y25 weigh? I was going to look into the Excal Vixen and/or Phoenix, eventually. Do you or anyone else know how they compare to the Y25, as far as, weight goes? I have to shoot lefty, as well.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
kmtpr said:
Good luck with your setup. Do you shoot at an indoor or outdoor range?
I am also interested in shooting targets with a crossbow. I shoot handguns now, but am looking to shoot bows on other days. Am wondering how much does that Y25 weigh? I was going to look into the Excal Vixen and/or Phoenix, eventually. Do you or anyone else know how they compare to the Y25, as far as, weight goes? I have to shoot lefty, as well.
Kath, the Vixen [150 lbs and Phoenix [175 lbs] are both ambidexterous and just a guess here, about 1.5 lbs lighter. FYI, the Y25 is on a 200 lb Exocet rail, has to be bought "handed" and as far as I know can only be rope cocked, unless some tweaker has gotten another brand crank type cocker to fit, the Excal one won't fit the Y25's. Excal also has a 90 lb target bow called the Apex I believe, but would be too light for hunting to be legal most places.

·
821 Posts
awshucks said:
Kath, the Vixen [150 lbs and Phoenix [175 lbs] are both ambidexterous and just a guess here, about 1.5 lbs lighter. FYI, the Y25 is on a 200 lb Exocet rail, has to be bought "handed" and as far as I know can only be rope cocked, unless some tweaker has gotten another brand crank type cocker to fit, the Excal one won't fit the Y25's. Excal also has a 90 lb target bow called the Apex I believe, but would be too light for hunting to be legal most places.
Dan, thanks much for this info. I know the guy who runs the archery pro shop near me, and have asked him about maybe getting in a Vixen for me. Hoping to pursue this next year, if circumstances allow. Will let you know if I do get my hands on one. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts