Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I got to break in my "New to Me" Phoenix. I bought this bow on Ebay a few months ago and restored and rescoped this oldie but goodie crossbow! All you hear about in crossbows anymore is what kind of group you get at 100 yards, how much over 400 fps the particular bow goes and how quiet the new bows are. Well this bow isn't narrow by any means, I'd never shoot a 100 yard group with it and it's slow by today's standards. The doe I shot was with 5 other deer and at the shot the doe ran and the other 5 never moved, within a minute or so they continued feeding. So I guess it isn't that slow or loud after all. I'd like to thank Jerry at South Shore Archery for making my arrows and also Boo for making me a quality string. Without them I couldn't have filled my tag!
Deer Terrestrial animal Roe deer Wildlife Deer hunting

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
Congrats on your doe.:) I also have and shoot an "old school" Excal bow and still think it's as good as any. Ive owned that bow (along with a second bow now) and have killed atleast 1 deer every year with my Excal since 2012 when I first bought it. Like yours mine is indestructible and I aint in no hurry trying to replace it with another bow!;):)

Reactions: Micro335

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I had to look up your bow. I would say it looks (to me) like a bow that will last a long time.
Congrats on the purchase.

Reactions: Micro335
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.