Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new TP Nitro X and this is my first crossbow. I thought I would ask a few questions and seek a few opinions. It came with the AcuDraw Pro, RangeMaster Pro Scope, 6 EVO X Center Punch arrows.

1. It came with both wall hanger & foot stirrup, which is preferred. I know if I use the wall hanger, I won't be able to use a manual cocking device if needed.
2. When sighting in, do you chrono your arrow first and then use that speed of use the spec FPS.
3. The arrows came with Omni-Nocks, and the bows says required Aluminum Omni-Mocks, but what I have read, I should only use Alpha Nocks, should I only use the aluminum ones?
4. I have read to keep the bow well lubed (serving & rail), do I also use regular string wax on the rest of the string & cables
5. I bought some 20" Black Eagle Executioner .001 arrows to tryout. I understand I have to change the nocks and glue the recievers in correct?
6. Should I use the blue loc-tight on my assembly bolts?

Other than that, if you have any suggestions or comments I would great appreciate it. Like I said, this one is my first crossbow. I have shot a compound for many years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the Stealth NXT and have been shooting the omni nocks out of it with no issues. That is what it came with when I bought the package. Just ordered 6 new center Punch arrows with the alpha nock. Which my Stealth is compatible with both. I just sighted my bow in today using the Center Punch arrows and 100 grain From Reaper practice head from 20 to 50 yards. Then shot an actual broad head at all the same ranges. The practice head and broadhead were the same poa/poi. My Stealth is shooting a 435 grain complete arrow at 384 FPS. Hope this can help a little. Also which scope do you have? I have the range master with speed ring.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the nitro x also .and you need to order some alpha nocks. I shoot the plastic alpha.i like the big foot stirrup it's easier to hang up if in a tree stand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Stealth NXT and have been shooting the omni nocks out of it with no issues. That is what it came with when I bought the package. Just ordered 6 new center Punch arrows with the alpha nock. Which my Stealth is compatible with both. I just sighted my bow in today using the Center Punch arrows and 100 grain From Reaper practice head from 20 to 50 yards. Then shot an actual broad head at all the same ranges. The practice head and broadhead were the same poa/poi. My Stealth is shooting a 435 grain complete arrow at 384 FPS. Hope this can help a little. Also which scope do you have? I have the range master with speed ring.

I also have the Range Master with the Speed Ring

·
Registered
116 Posts
I took three shots through a chrono and it average 386 so just went to 385 and good to go

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be careful shooting the Omni nocks as they did the change over for a reason. I would order some Alpha nocks.
I'm not planning on shooting it until I get the Alpha Nocks in. I contacted Ten Point and they said since my Nitro X is a 2018 model I could shoot Omni or Alpha nocks. To me, if they were having trouble with the Omni nocks, I wouldn't make that recommendation. They also told me I could use both the Plastic or Aluminum nocks

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I'm not planning on shooting it until I get the Alpha Nocks in. I contacted Ten Point and they said since my Nitro X is a 2018 model I could shoot Omni or Alpha nocks. To me, if they were having trouble with the Omni nocks, I wouldn't make that recommendation. They also told me I could use both the Plastic or Aluminum nocks
Congratulations on the new Nitro X!

Use a good quality string care product on the served areas of the strings and cables and was on the unserved areas. Don't forget the string o the ACUdraw. Good rail lube as well. I like the products from Scorpion Venom.

Omni nocks will work just fine if you want to shoot it. The sticker on the bow regarding Omnis is old. The Alpha nocks willl work on any TenPoint xbow but were developed for use with hyper narrow xbows to reduce serving wear.

BEEs will work just fine. Yes, index the receiver and glue it in. EVO-X CenterPunch arrows will work great as well.

Blue Loctite is fine.

Watch the videos on TenPoint's web site that are instructional and cover maintenance. The ones on the ACUdraw are very helpful. Be very careful setting the ACUdraw sled NOT to hook the draw string on the quad cable turnbuckle.

Beefy is good and translates into lower noise, vibration and a very "neutral" feel when shot.

The EVO-X Marksman scope would be an excellent optic to use on it.

Enjoy!

Reactions: dynamo61
1 - 13 of 13 Posts