Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided my next cross bow will be a Ravin. So far I’m leaning toward a 29X. Trying to decide if the sniper package is worth the up charge.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It really depends if you feel you need a single aim point reticle. If you're OK with multiple aim points and somewhat cluttered reticle, then go wit the stock scope. It's a good scope. Honestly, I've owned a lot of crossbows and I feel like the ravin stock scope is better than most stock scopes.

If you want a single aim point, the sniper package is a good option. I'd also consider the Sig Sauer BDX system where you can get packages in the same range of $'s and it does a few things the sniper scope and the jackplate don't. But, that's a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I strongly recommend that you get the Sig Sauer BDX system. I have owned both and the ATN 4K Pro to boot and the Sig Sauer is a total game changer in my opinion. It essentially renders the Jack Plate and every other mechanical sighting device obsolete. I am using it on both my R20 and R10. I recommend the 2.5 x 8 32 mm and the 1800 range finder...on any Ravin. We have a dedicated Sig Crossbow user's group if you want to see what they can do. I get tennis balls out to 100 + yards and sub MOA at any thing 80 yards or less. Go here to look at what they can do: Log into Facebook | Facebook

·
Registered
7 Posts
I strongly recommend that you get the Sig Sauer BDX system. I have owned both and the ATN 4K Pro to boot and the Sig Sauer is a total game changer in my opinion. It essentially renders the Jack Plate and every other mechanical sighting device obsolete. I am using it on both my R20 and R10. I recommend the 2.5 x 8 32 mm and the 1800 range finder...on any Ravin. We have a dedicated Sig Crossbow user's group if you want to see what they can do. I get tennis balls out to 100 + yards and sub MOA at any thing 80 yards or less. Go here to look at what they can do: Log into Facebook | Facebook
Do you work for Sig Sauer?

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Welcome to the boards and good luck with that next purchase.;):)

Reactions: Texas Grown

·
Registered
527 Posts
Do you work for Sig Sauer?
Nope do you work for Ravin??? I just know good equipment when I see it. As I said, Jack plates and optimizers are rendered obsolete by this cutting edge technology. I don't get anything out of promoting this product except the fact that I steered a fellow crossbow enthusiast toward the best thing currently available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
None of the archery shops in my area have any Ravins in stock currently, so I can’t go in to shoulder and possibly squeeze off a few shots with a few different models to see which feels best. I’m in no big rush, and when I’m ready to purchase, it will most likely be through Wyvern’s as they seem to have additional accessories included for the same price as other outfits charge for the standard factory packages. Three different models are on my radar. I already mentioned the R29X, I also want to check out the R26 and R10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Sig Sauer scope/rangefinder rigs look interesting, I’ll have to investigate them further. The user group on Facebook is non existent in my world, If something is on the evening news or Facebook, I’ll never see it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The Sig Sauer scope/rangefinder rigs look interesting, I’ll have to investigate them further. The user group on Facebook is non existent in my world, If something is on the evening news or Facebook, I’ll never see it.
You can find a lot about it on YouTube as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
It was all about balance for me. Holding the bows, the 20 was far too front heavy, the 26 had almost no weight forward, but the 29/x had that perfect balance I wanted. I will say, the 29x is HARD on strings, be prepared to fine tune and baby it or get punished with rapidly deteriorating strings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
String and cable wear seems to be the most talked, or typed about issue with all the different models of Ravins. A press and aftermarket strings and cables will be budgeted into my purchase. My spyderweb target just arrived shortly after dark tonight, the blob is tracking for Monday delivery. I don’t think my Morrell range bag and Glen Del buck would last too long with a faster crossbow. They are holding up well to shots from my son’s and my vertical bows, and my Wicked Ridge Invader G3 though.

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
Scroll about half way down this page and there are several short videos on the Sig BDX scopes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the Ravin forum laedco58. Pull up a stump, have a seat, and warm your bones by the campfire. Lots of good folks in here. And lots of info as well.

Reactions: laedco58

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’ll check this out when I’m done with my three day work grind this week. Thanks.
Scroll about half way down this page and there are several short videos on the Sig BDX scopes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts