Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!!!
A real good guy here on the forum contacted me and wanted a custom , i said what do ya got ,LOL.
He replied he had a velocity that he never shoots , i immediately said lets shorten it up and narrow it up into a DS sized bow . He said heck yeah and tore the bow down and sent me the part's i needed .
I am going to move the trigger box forward 3-3/16 of an inch giving it somewhere around a 17 inch draw stroke then install a Night Train riser then a Midnight adjustable stock .
here is what i got in the mail the other day !!
Stay tuned work begins tomorrow .
I will start a new thread called Velocity makeover !!
Technology Electronic device

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Should be a great thread! Can't wait to see what you create.......AGAIN,LOL.

Reactions: burky247365

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
Your bow is close to done !!
As soon as i get the crank it will be game on again ,lol.
You need a break from mine anyway! Variety will keep you sharp!!! LOL

Reactions: burky247365

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will especially be watching this one. Was looking at a "night train" riser at the other place, wondering how it could work with my Velocity. Shorter, narrower, what's not to like in a hunting bow.
Right !!!!
better jump on that riser !! it is going cheap !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that I see a plan, I think you are correct.
This is going to happen !! LOL.
if you have 200 # deflection limbs i will say 400 fps with a 400 grn arrow .
around 17 inch draw 9.75 to 10 inch ATA cocked .
around 33 inches long , i am darn sure i will come close to these numbers !!!!!

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165. TB Custom Horton X-treme
826 Posts
This is going to happen !! LOL.
if you have 200 # deflection limbs i will say 400 fps with a 400 grn arrow .
around 17 inch draw 9.75 to 10 inch ATA cocked .
around 33 inches long , i am darn sure i will come close to these numbers !!!!!
From what I have been researching, those that have checked the Velocity 165, show around 201.8 limb deflection. Power stroke is 20-1/4" vs 18-1/2" of an Orion or Vent. Mine shoots 420 with 417 grain arrow now, so I think your figures would be very desirable since ata cocked now is 15 7/8".

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what I have been researching, those that have checked the Velocity 165, show around 201.8 limb deflection. Power stroke is 20-1/4" vs 18-1/2" of an Orion or Vent. Mine shoots 420 with 417 grain arrow now, so I think your figures would be very desirable since ata cocked now is 15 7/8".
Yeah you are loosing 3-3/16 draw , so like i said 17-1/16 draw stroke drops it down speed wise , there are other things i can do to pick up some Fps !!!
someone must have did a limb change on this bow as they are 180.1 # deflection .

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finished taking the bow apart tonight and got it all laid out and ready to go under the knife tonight .
This one is going to be tricky with the trigger blade location and getting the trigger transfer bar run back to the trigger , i guess i will deal with that when i get to it ,lol.
Sad to do that to such an awesome scorpyd rip.
LOL. No way !!!!!!!
I would feel like i was carrying a pick ax through the woods with a Velocity !! LOL

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah you are loosing 3-3/16 draw , so like i said 17-1/16 draw stroke drops it down speed wise , there are other things i can do to pick up some Fps !!!
someone must have did a limb change on this bow as they are 180.1 # deflection .
That one doesn't have the "165" badge on the limbs like mine. Might be a 150.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That one doesn't have the "165" badge on the limbs like mine. Might be a 150.
Might be , i know the old 150 18.5 draw does have 180# limbs .
I have never paid attention to the Velocity or the Vtech as they never appealed to me ,lol.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The Velocity is a sweet shooter for sure, marketed as a target/hunting bow, it is just to wide for my liking in the woods. I did harvest deer with it. Super accurate. If your feeling bad about it, I have the riser & stock for sale.
Yea, that is the only thing holding me back. Super accurate, and I do hunt out of gun boxes in bad weather, where it does just fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.