Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a little package today from my northern buddy!

Seems he thinks I need some R&R from the projects I been doing so were going to run Li'l Sassy through her paces fer a while. Should keep me busy with a little less work than I been doing to occupy my time alone! My instructions were get familiar with it, and tell him what I think,,,,,, I hope he understands,,, this is a compound flight system?

But, getting acquainted was pretty easy, light weight 6.5 lbs, and a whopping 28" OAL,, topped off with a guardian ADF and 1.5lbs. Trigger Tech single stage!! But this just feels really small when I compare it to the Suppressor I had.

I think the bow is the quietest crossbow I have shot! That's saying a lot after shooting the Nitro X and the Suppressor! And the smallest, @ 28" overall including the stirrup, 2" shorter than My suppressor and the Nitro X, and only 15" ATA uncocked it is still only 18" outside to outside of the cams,, and that is six narrower than the Suppressor and close to the Nitro with it's under 9" ATA cocked!

I did have some CamX accuspines cut to 16" that weigh 425 grains with Q Nocks and 125 grn points, so I ran a couple through the Master Gama,,, and was quite impressed! At 370 fps it wont keep up with the Nitro but at over 3 lbs less weight and smaller profile,, plenty good enough to drop the largest Buck's at any reasonable hunting range, and over 40 fps faster the Suppressor.

All in all a bow that definetly grows on ya,,, training wheels and all, you might not get this back Tim,,, 馃槈

Premium Member
That is one nice rig, congrats Wildcatter.
Small package, big performance.

I'll take two, please.
Any color Burky chooses.

Registered
Great looking crossbow looks like a real killer! Shoot straight!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I put the the EvoX on it and took one shot at 10 yards offhand. 2" high and about 2 to 3" right, I made about 10 clicks and went to the bench, first shot was about 4" dead left, I put it back on the bags and held on the target I aimed at, with the bow solidly bagged I moved the windage turret right and walked the crosshair over left to till it was on the arrow.

I went and pulled the arrow and shot three bulls 2 of them X's. I'd say this scope is made for this little rig!!

Only 20 yards but I am holding the bow while resting my arms on the bags. I decided to try and ruin my excellent results and see if this EvoX was truly dialed in, and wouldn't you know it, I think this thing could hunt tonight, and without dialing it in I would trust the 40 yard hair. Right now I'm thinking of a 1.6 oz Burris Fastfire III with a 3 moa dot,, and what a 40 yard killer that would be????

Don't you ... think it's about time to pull the protective shipping plastic off the readout window on the face of that chronograph? ;)

I realized the other day that one of my 2009 game cameras that still works has the plastic still on the inside menu screen. I just left it alone. :)
Reminds me 鈥 of a philosophy I once read. A guy was asked about seat covers and why he doesn't use them to protect his car seats. He said: "why should I lose the use of my seats and make them pristine for the NEXT guy?" "Let the next guy buy the seat covers."...lol It's like some of my Italian friends wives who had clear plastic covers on expensive Livingroom furniture keeping it new until they threw it out...lol Twenty years of looking stupid.

Pull the plastic off your camera like you're supposed to...lol ;) Why have a camera or a chronograph with cataracts?馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Don't you ... think it's about time to pull the protective shipping plastic off the readout window on the face of that chronograph? ;)
I did that over 10 years ago! What you see over the LCD readout window is wrapping tape, my new window,, had the screen beside me at the bench to close to the side of the Ross Brake on the 460 Encore barrel when I let loose one of them loads utilizing 52 grains of H-110 pushing that FTX 200 at 2787 fps outa that little 14" barrel!!! 馃槈

yes the blast from that sucker feels like someone whopping you in the chest,, most won't shoot it when they see the blast and feel it standing anywhere within 30 yards of it! I kinda like it, it has a severe report and concussion to it,, makes feel young again, you know. But dam is it hard on anything that gets to close to the side of that muzzle, let alone in front of it!!

Reactions: Ironminer

I did that over 10 years ago! What you see over the LCD readout window is wrapping tape, my new window,, had the screen beside me at the bench to close to the side of the Ross Brake on the 460 Encore barrel when I let loose one of them loads utilizing 52 grains of H-110 pushing that FTX 200 at 2787 fps outa that little 14" barrel!!! 馃槈

yes the blast from that sucker feels like someone whopping you in the chest,, most won't shoot it when they see the blast and feel it standing anywhere within 30 yards of it! I kinda like it, it has a severe report and concussion to it,, makes feel young again, you know. But dam is it hard on anything that gets to close to the side of that muzzle, let alone in front of it!!
Gotta 鈥 Browning BOSS with the muzzlebrake on my Browning BAR in .300WinMag. A frighteningly hellacious roar when that thing goes off. Only rifle or shotgun I ever shot that I hear going off when hunting. Literally leaves my ears ringing. Trying to shoot it prone is an adventure in dirt, rocks, dust and anything else under about a pound being sucked into the muzzleblast vortex along with the grass & weeds bowled over. The world as you know it ceases to exist for three or four seconds after you light that thing off. There's NOTHING about that BOSS system that I like. Must have burned up $500.00 worth of ammo trying to find a setting that liked 165gr Hornady bullets way back then.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Trust me Duke, that Ross brake is different than any other, it don't tune, but you dont want to remove it shoot without it,, you wrist and elbows jsut aint meant for that kind of abuse. It is worse than than my old contender in 45/70 was, but it also operates at over 60,000 cup! I can shoot it on the bags one handed with less felt recoul than my 5.5" 45 Colt! but that bark like you said is ferocious!

Reactions: Ironminer

Registered
That's why I don't like guns and enjoy my bows. I cannot stand my ears ringing or the blast from a gun hitting my eardrums ! It's like scratching my fingernails down a chalk board !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts