Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of precision Tapps with 3 1/4” Varetec orange hens and a white cock vane last fall from Tapp Nation for my R10. Weighed them and then numbered them by weight. I’ve only shot #1 as I really didn’t get a chance to shoot the set but I’m sure they’ll be fine.

I haven’t shot them all but I know they’re the best. Can’t wait. Hopefully the weather will get better before long. Going to use the R10 for turkey this season. I have some NAP Gobbler Getters and I know they’ll shoot perfectly with these precision made Tapps. I’m pumped.

IMG_1415.JPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sharp looking arrows, good luck this spring. I'm not nearly as sporting as you, need to pattern my FF3 topped 20 gauge Franchi with #9 TSS. I've been using the .555" choke for trap and it sure does smoke them, hoping the tss patterns well with it.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
Ordered a set of precision Tapps with 3 1/4” Varetec orange hens and a white cock vane last fall from Tapp Nation for my R10. Weighed them and then numbered them by weight. I’ve only shot #1 as I really didn’t get a chance to shoot the set but I’m sure they’ll be fine.

I haven’t shot them all but I know they’re the best. Can’t wait. Hopefully the weather will get better before long. Going to use the R10 for turkey this season. I have some NAP Gobbler Getters and I know they’ll shoot perfectly with these precision made Tapps. I’m pumped.

View attachment 193012
Hahaha.... (inside joke LOL)

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need to pattern my FF3 topped 20 gauge Franchi with #9 TSS. I've been using the .555" choke for trap and it sure does smoke them, hoping the tss patterns well with it.
I’m shooting the same #9 TSS out of my 20 ga with a Carlson .568” choke.

I shot this at 30 yards last fall but haven’t verified the poi after I adjusted the red dot. I will before spring just in case but at $8 a shell I don’t practice that often. :mad:

IMG_0861.JPG

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great looking arrows looks like you're getting ready.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Yep! I get it to.......

View attachment 193012
Good one! Please update us on every shot you take daily! LOL

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
Good one! Please update us on every shot you take daily! LOL
Now that right there made me literally laugh out loud.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up getting a practice head for the Gobbler Getters but they’re not exactly an apples to apples match. I carried that Thorn broad head last fall but it scared the bejesus out of me just having it in the quiver on my DS.

I did get an extra set of blades for the Thorn head and I think there’s several tiny ball bearings that hold the blades when they’re stacked on top of each other and might need minor surgery to replace them.

I’ll figure it out and they should look great on top of the orange hens. Score!

Reactions: Jack Pine

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
😃 Duly noted....

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Now you need to hook up with TOTR for the blue vanes. Then we have orange and blue... the colors of my Florida Gators!
That's a great idea! LOL

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since these were ordered in late 2020, I’m sure Eric and Missey Teague owned SSA and Tapp Nation then. Jerry must has passed on his fletching knowledge as they’re the same quality as Jerry’s were.

I think I have 2 dozen of the SS 100gr bullets points and a dozen of 125gr point that Jerry came up with a while back. These are the best. I've weighed them on my RCBS beam scale and never found more than .1 grain difference between the packs. Well worth the extra couple of dollars imo.

We got a couple more inches of snow overnight - dang! I might be wearing snow camo for turkey hunting this year.

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,293 Posts
Orange,,,,,,,,,the color for those afraid to rock the flo pink!!!!!!!! LOL Sorry,,,,,,check'n myself too the door.......

Tapps are alwayszz killer,,,no matter the color though!!! Sweet sticks, man!

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Suppose to have a 39º heat wave Tuesday, maybe I’ll get to shoot the Orange Hens 1 thru 6 at 20 yards.

I have a target all ready, set the sled up on the bench in the driveway and hope nobody turns me in.

IMG_1417.JPG

Reactions: Jack Pine
1 - 20 of 37 Posts