Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
Don't forget; pix for each individual shot with full report to follow, or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ordered a set of precision Tapps with 3 1/4” Varetec orange hens and a white cock vane last fall from Tapp Nation for my R10. Weighed them and then numbered them by weight. I’ve only shot #1 as I really didn’t get a chance to shoot the set but I’m sure they’ll be fine.

I haven’t shot them all but I know they’re the best. Can’t wait. Hopefully the weather will get better before long. Going to use the R10 for turkey this season. I have some NAP Gobbler Getters and I know they’ll shoot perfectly with these precision made Tapps. I’m pumped.

View attachment 193012

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
tp, what do the arrows weigh?? Or did i miss it some place along the line.
With Jerry’s SS 100 gr bullet points they’re about 423 grains. The factory Ravins were around 400 and my R10 shot 412 did right out of the box.

The 423 gr Orange Hens shot 399 FPS. I haven’t ran the chronology with the new 2 cable system yet. I hope to on Tuesday.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tuesday’s 39º isn’t looking so good - 16 mph winds out of the west. I’m shielded all around in my driveway except for a 6’ opening between the porch and garage - on the west side. :(
Not looking good this week.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So what did ya mean I hope nobody turns me in? Is that for real? You really can’t shoot there?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Cant shoot in the city limits per Crossbow Nation Rules...!

:unsure:
I caught H one time when some liberal turned me in for shooting my compound in the driveway into the garage and a cop pulled in and said no discharge of weapons within the city limits.

I got news for them. If a robber breaks into my house I’ll be discharging every weapon I can carry.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I caught H one time when some liberal turned me in for shooting my compound in the driveway into the garage and a cop pulled in and said no discharge of weapons within the city limits.

I got news for them. If a robber breaks into my house I’ll be discharging every weapon I can carry.
Man, can’t imagine that. Heck I fire my 300wsm off my front porch sometimes...... country life has its advantages, but they are shrinking daily.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The red arrow is the 20 yard shot to my target at the back of the extension at the rear of the garage. I park my truck in the driveway behind my shooting bench and sled to hide it. I can sneak back to 25 yards and be just inside the front of the house. At 30 yards I’m at the edge of the front deck exposed to everybody.

That’s my red F150 supercab parked in front of my house !

fullsizeoutput_f1c.png

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,288 Posts
Guess I'm lucky up here!! I can shoot my Swat from my deck, or anywhere behind my house! I even have to wait for people to go by sometimes, because they walk outta the subdivision to hike out back.....But no one ever minds or complainzz!! What's wrong with people down there!?? What a bunch of sissies ya got!!! Sorry to hear for ya...

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
Guess I'm lucky up here!! I can shoot my Swat from my deck, or anywhere behind my house! I even have to wait for people to go by sometimes, because they walk outta the subdivision to hike out back.....But no one ever minds or complainzz!! What's wrong with people down there!?? What a bunch of sissies ya got!!! Sorry to hear for ya...
Yah, but we know how to spell words without Zs down here.

Translated into British Columbian:

Yezz but we'zz knowzz how to zzpell wordzz wizzout ZZs down herezz.
😁

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,288 Posts
I gotzz a speach impediment.....

Or maybe it's the influence of the west coast surfer Dudes, like my younger bro!!! The getting to be famous, surf board shaper!!!!!

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No shooting today!

Beautiful 43º but that 17 mph wind is a tad too much.

IMG_1442.JPG

Reactions: Jack Pine

·
Crossbow Nut
3,384 Posts
41 and windy here.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Today was a really nice day - except for the wind. Gusts up to 19 mph.

IMG_1451.JPG

21 - 37 of 37 Posts