Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would just start a new thread since this doesn't pertain to deer going to church. She was wild caught and has lived with me for 6 1/2 years now. The very best watch dog! My Rotts let our kids come and go while we are away, but not this girl! She has mellowed out a whole lot in the last year.
No so dangerous anymore, with exception of a PMS day a month. She chases the men because she wants to be bred but no other pigs around. Men just don't understand either! LMAO.
Grandbaby has always been her playmate, so except for me, she tolerates him and occasionally acts like a baby pig when he's here. Scares him though, when she barks and runs at him. He still is careful around her, but they respect and love each other.
The first pic is Butch and grandbaby barquing a pig. She didn't understand what was for supper. Sure smelt good.
One picture is a hunter from Alaska, and he's wanting to be too close to her as you can see by my body language. Another, she thinks she's the baby, so she took over the kids swimming pool and got into trouble. She has her own metal water trouph, but it's always muddy so she likes the kids clean one. Bad PIG!

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
texasnative46 said:
GG,

TOO FUNNY!!! (love the "bathing beauty" shot in the pool.)

NICE hog anyway.

your friend, texasnative46
What happened is grandson was in tghe pool, and she took it over. He was screaming like a banchie and I went running to see if she was chasing him or something. When I got outside, she was sitting in his pool. I had to give her my watermelon we were eating to coax her out of the pool. A fair trade for her. Any food out of the house is good. (Obviously looking at her.)

·
821 Posts
WOW those are great pics. So you really do have a pet hog!! She is huge!! :D How much does she weigh? That last pic is priceless with her in that pool, I must say. Thanks for sharing these pics. :D

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Guide Girl said:
What happened is grandson was in tghe pool, and she took it over. He was screaming like a banchie and I went running to see if she was chasing him or something. When I got outside, she was sitting in his pool. I had to give her my watermelon we were eating to coax her out of the pool. A fair trade for her. Any food out of the house is good. (Obviously looking at her.)
GG
Have you ever thought of offering your day to day life as a TV reality show,would surely be a hit

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without being able to get her fat ... hams on a scale, I'm guessing she's close to 500 lbs.
Here's the story of how I aquired the hog.

We were walking and stalking at Granger Lake one morning, and there's an island behind the dam. I stopped and heard pigs squeeling, and told my hunting parter Butch about it. The next thing I know (this is funny), he pulls out of his pack a little blow up boat and rope, and gets in the water and paddles to the island. I go on shaking my head in disbelief he had that with him, and continued my hunt. He had radioed his oldest son who was along, and he waded from the other side and met up with his dad. They found a huge group of sows and piglets and decided to chase down one of the piglets. After it was caught, they continued to hunt all day with the piglet in Butchs pocket. At the end of the day, he radioed me and said he had something for me. I met up with them, and he's trying to hand me something fierce he had tied inside his long johns sleeve.
I was like " What the hell is it?'' as it thrashed wildly. ''A little pig.'' She was about 3 days old, and pure evil.

Butch gets these wild ideas of how to make money sometimes, and he figured he's let her get to breeding age and he built this catch pen he had intentions of keeping her in to collect the urine and bottle and sell it. I have cases and cases of amber bottles in the basement by the way.
So, when we left there, we stopped and got a cardboard box to carry her home in on the 3 hour drive back to the Hill country. When we got home, I knew she had to be starving so I fixed an animal bottle up for her and she bit the hell out of me. I told Butch "she's gonna die!" So he took her and fixed a bowl of milk and she drank. The next day, I fixed her bowls of milk instead of a bottle and she drank. By the 3rd day, I was mama and she followed me everywhere. I had 3 Rott dogs and they hated pigs, so I gave her a studded dog collar to help with those events I wasn't quick enough to intervene on. Now THAT was cute!

Here we were living in a very nice home on the river, that was for sale, and I had a pig living in my laundry room. That was also fun to cover up each time the realtor called and gave me 5 minutes before her arrival with prospective buyers.
When she got a few months old, I had bought another house on the river and we built her a pen and she lived here before we did. I visited her everyday and let her run loose and follow me around while we were remodeling the house.
When it came time for her to have urine collected, she was mean as hell and quite the handful, even for me, so I told Butch "I want to watch AND film you getting her into the pen... more than once". So, it never happened. Here we are, 6 1/2 years later, and I have lots of amber bottles, and a friend that's a real pig!
She pays her way by being the best watch "dog" I've ever had. People don't just walk through the gate at the road, and come to the house when they know she's on guard (sleeping by the house). I have problems with deliveries because they all know about Ms. Piggy, originally named Porkchops.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
texasnative46 said:
GG,

TOO FUNNY!!!

do you have other unusual pets??? (and NOPE i don't mean your hubby.)

your www.friend, texasnative46
I had a parrot for 25 years until I let him go to my daughters house for a vacation. Her new dog ate him. Poor Yukon. Then, I've had a pet squirrel I rescued from a snakes mouth, when it fell from a tree in front of me.
A pet armadillo until I accidentally smushed his snout in the backside of the kitchen door. I've raised several sheep, and other pigs. A blackbuck antelope doe my sister in law cut out from a doe who was hit by a car and died.
She was cute. A dove that's lived over 12 years. Maybe more, but can't recall right now. Part of living in the country.
One pig named Bubba used to go hunting with us. Yep, I couldn't find a pig sitter, so I put him in my bag with a bottle and he would sleep on my feet and go tracking with me. Then, he hunted dove with us and was really an ass about stealing shot shells. Live loads! By that age, his name was Little Bastard because he was always getting into things and doing bad things. A pet tortouise, and several birds. A horse. Oh! And that 425 lb boar hog came home with me for a year before I gave him away. My dad used to call me Dolittle dingleberry or something like that. I collected animals as a kid too.

Attachments

·
329 Posts
GG,

i give up. you got my kid sister & me BEAT.

between the two of us, we've had the following as pets, over the last 4 decades:
2 coons,
a skunk,
a red fox,
several possoms,
a WT doe,
a HUGE blacksnake,
numerous horses & donkeys
&
more cats/dogs than i can remember even the names of.

the FUNNIEST pet of all was a red dachshund that was raised by our old mama cat, "SALLY ANN", WITH her current litter of kittens.
(his mother died when he was 3 weeks old, so Sally Ann nursed him, just as she did her other "kitties"!)

ALL of his long life "Big John" thought that he was a CAT (and was ACCEPTED as such by our other cats!), used the litter box,loved kitten chow, washed his coat/paws & came ONLY when you called "HERE KITTY,KITTY,KITTY. his favorite toy was a ball of string.
("BJ" was a RIOT!!!)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's too cool! You got me beat though. I'd never have a pet skunk!

·
329 Posts
GG,

another "BJ" memory: can you imagine how NUTS my hunting buddies thought i was when they heard me the FIRST time calling "Big John", "here, kitty,kitty, kitty. here, kitty,kitty,kitty"???
fwiw, he was pure DEATH on flushing rabbits/squirrels/quail/doves. (he also brought me a copperhead as a "special gift" one evening. a LIVE one!!!!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
kmtpr said:
WOW those are great pics. So you really do have a pet hog!! She is huge!! :eek: How much does she weigh? That last pic is priceless with her in that pool, I must say. Thanks for sharing these pics. :)
My guess is the pig and the woman in camo are pushing 300 pounds.:ack2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes i once had a real smart pig like that. A sow that grew rather large. One day I rolled my tractor out in the field and the damn thing had me pinned down in the dirt. Matilda heard me yelling and rooted me out from under the overturned tractor. I was none the worse for wear but the newspapers got ahold of the story and they sent out a reporter a coulple of days later.

Of course they noted that the pig had a hand carved wooden rear leg and inquired if the pig had been injured during the heroic rescue. "No" I said, "When you have a pig that good, you dont eat him all at once.";)

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
[quote name='Uncle John's Outdoors']My guess is the pig and the woman in camo are pushing 300 pounds.:D[/QUOTE]

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH:eek:

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SPECIALIZED said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH:eek:
Yea, you guess really poor! That woman is me. The guy standing beside me weighs 115 pounds. He's a renal patient. Read my mind.

·
329 Posts
GG,

reading your last missive (to Uncle John's Outdoors.) made me LOL. (NOT a nice thing for anyone to say either, imVho.)

i, for one, do NOT care for the "modern skinny Minnie's", who look like they escaped from a concentration camp.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
texasnative46 said:
GG,

reading your last missive (to Uncle John's Outdoors.) made me LOL. (NOT a nice thing for anyone to say either, imVho.)

i, for one, do NOT care for the "modern skinny Minnie's", who look like they escaped from a concentration camp.

You are just way too cool my friend! Thanks for the laugh! I thought all good southern boys mamas taught them better manners. Guess I was wrong. Go figure?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts