Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crossbows by Horton and very quiet..I have nothing but good things to say about Horton crossbows,, There have been Horton Crossbows in our home for over 12 years...There service is first class..and the power to get ur done.These crossbows will blow thru deer every time at a ethical range of 40 yards or less..atn night vision on first pic with a reflex sight mounted on top for day shooting,for varmit hunting, bushnell yardage pro rangefinder/scope on second one, gives a digital readout of range inside of scope in one second, note push button remote on thumb stock,

Horton Recons are on My kids Christmas List x2 lol,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I thought I read somewhere,
that a rifle scope would not work on a crossbow ????

It had something to do with reverse recoil (like an air rifle)

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no problem on reverse recoil

no problem there been shooting scopes on crossbows 12 years as of now never had a problem specific to reverse recoil on a crossbow,Todays optics are well beyond that, most are very good quality in todays optics.Never had a scope failure on a crossbow in 12 years..

Horton make a very good multi reticle scope sighted in for there crossbows shooting there arrows

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I am assuming that it has a standard crosshairs (+) in the viewfinder

How do you hold under/over

for shots under/over
what it was sighted in for ????

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bill

the crosshairs are a milldot type, so you range your target and use the correct mildot for distance it has 5 points of aim on mildot 10,20 ,30,40,50,is the way to use it on crossbow you use it different for a rifle, it has a ballastic reticles to use for each caliber and bullet weights so there is no hold over on rifle shooting, but the rifle mode is for 100yards plus for 100 yards or less is fine for crossbow shooting so you can move scope over to your deer rifle to use during gun season.very clear powerful scope.We,.really like this scope/rangefinder by Bushnell.

Its a milldot reticle..sighted in 10 20 30 40 50

The Horton mult reticle scopes are a good choice and are pre programed to hortons crossbows

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Ok..dumb question

Do you sight it in for each dot

or...just sight it in for 30 yards

and the 10-20 below and 40-50 above
automatically work ????

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sight in at 10

sight in at 10 back up to 20, check your mildot or red dot back up to 30 check again then 40 is the proper way to sight in a crossbow, assume nothing,
You will not loose arrows that way,
and it will build your shooting confidence.

a Horton crossbow with a Horton multi reticle scope is all ready sighted in for you just sight in at 10 yards and the lines are set for distance, shooting Horton arrows

You have to assume nothing when sighting in a crossbow because all are different,arrows fly in a arc
you are matching the arc to the sights, weight of arrow, speed of arrow, make different arcs, hope this helps,if not ask , we are here to help you,

now you will be hunting from a ground blind yes, take some surveyers tape and step of 10 yards put one piece on a branch for 10 yards and spray it with doe in heat do this again step off to 20 yards put 2 pieces of tape on a branch, spray again, then 30 use 3 pieces and spray, now when you are in your ground blind you know for sure the distance and the tape will not have human smell on it to scare away the deer will draw them in because you use doe in heat spray on the tape, while the deer is sniffing the tape you know the yardage, bingo

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I actually sigfht in at 25 yards so if I shoot 20, I drop @ 2 inches. If I shoot 30 yards, I raise @ 2 inches. If the distance is shorter, there's not much of a change in the arrow arc. Keep it simple.

·
665 Posts
edmcclaskey said:
crossbows by Horton and very quiet..I have nothing but good things to say about Horton crossbows,, There have been Horton Crossbows in our home for over 12 years...There service is first class..and the power to get ur done.These crossbows will blow thru deer every time at a ethical range of 40 yards or less..atn night vision on first pic with a reflex sight mounted on top for day shooting,for varmit hunting, bushnell yardage pro rangefinder/scope on second one, gives a digital readout of range inside of scope in one second, note push button remote on thumb stock,

Horton Recons are on My kids Christmas List x2 lol,

That thing is wicked sweet

it looks like a swat sniper's tool:)

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all

Thank you all my kids enjoy them very much
I encourage you all to get a kid started hunting dig out the old hunting stock blow the dust off and pass them on to a kid..
My grandfather and dad and uncles got me going some kids have no one to start them.

as i get older those are very fond memories of those days

Help a kid make some good memories..or disabled..be a blessing to someone.

and teach them correct hunter safety rules as you go and outdoor ethics..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts