Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is a Viper S400. I've read a lot of good things about the Viper and decided to get one as a back up bow after selling my Nitro XRT. I upgraded to a EVO-X scope on the Viper.

My Vapor is a dream come true and I didn't know what to expect out of the Viper.

TenPoint did not let me down - WOW is the Viper a shooter - relatively quiet, very accurate, nice balance.

The picture of the arrows in the Spyderweb target are with field points and the ones in the Rhino target are with EVO-X Center punch broadheads. These shots were all taken at 40 yards. The EVO-X broadheads were included with my Vapor so I figured I'd give them a try - they fly absolutely prenominal out of both bows and decided to use them instead of the Rages I had been using. Although I bought NAP Slingblades (which are the exact same head except the the anodize color. I hope they perform as well on deer. Out of the Vapor - field points and the broadheads hit exactly the same - on the Viper I had to make a slight scope adjustment as they were hitting to the right about 1.5" at 40 yards.

Shout out to TenPoint, Wyvern Creations, and the members of this forum (who give good info and advice w/o sniping at each other too much).

IMG_0603.JPG

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Viper is the sleeper crossbow in the AcuSlide series. Love mine! I’ll be hunting with it for many years, inshallah as Joe Biden would say. :rolleyes:. Lots of features at a fair price point.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
642 Posts
Congratulations! I cant say enough about my Viper. It is a real shooter. The Accuslide makes this bow a great addition to my collection.
The only complaint I have is it costs me more money to shoot than my other bows. Robin hoods are common place and arrow consumption increases thus goes the cash. LOL:sneaky:
Enjoy, you'll love it.
FD

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Congrats, MWF19788.
The AcuSlide is hands-down the new benchmark for crank cockers, IMHO.
Nice shooting and as Farm Deer says, you will love it but stock up on arrows LOL!

Reactions: Farm Deer

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not being a glutton for punishment I never shoot at the same spot twice with my Viper. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts