Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Wicked Ridge RDX 400
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nation,

I'm pretty new to the party and I know that NAP Killzones are not. However, I've had three of six brand new broadheads lose the ferrule retention nut on the first shot or within three shots. It was mighty inconvenient when I was taking my urban archery shooting test today. The instructor monitoring the test pretty much said, "Guy, you might want to look for a new broadhead." However, my county requires me to use the broadhead and arrow for hunting that I used for the marksmanship test and I don't really want to get banned for life if I get caught using a different point.

I assume that that there some issue in manufacturing process because I have received feedback from a trustworthy source that these are a tried and true broadhead. Aside from an assembly issue, does anyone do anything different to maintain these broadheads are ones of similar designs? The replacement blade kit instructions say to to just snug up the nut on the ferrule. I've checked my remaining broadheads and one of them was about to lose the nut. Applying some kind of thread locking compound would require some seriously steady hands I would think. Do you fine archers think I am just experiencing a one-off here? Recommendations?

·
Registered
143 Posts
However, my county requires me to use the broadhead and arrow for hunting that I used for the marksmanship test and I don't really want to get banned for life if I get caught using a different point.

Recommendations?
Seriously?! You need permission from the local guvmint to hunt with a crossbow? Sounds like something from Europe, not the U.S.A.

Time to find new hunting grounds.

God save Amerika.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Are you talking about the rings that sit at the bottom of the blades to lock them in place once the heard is mounted on the arrow?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
What nut?
20210621_100134.jpg

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
There are some strange requirements hunting within city's limits.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have never used them. In fact I had to look them up to understand what you are saying. I assume the nut you are having issues with is circled below? I would try a drop of threadlocker. Obviously you can't over tighten or it will inhibit the blade deployment.

20210621_135203.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts