Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hunted with fixed blades last year and am interested in mechanicals this year. There seem to be many popular ones however the NAP Spitfire keeps coming up in discussions. Now there is a "Doublecross" and a new one called "D4K" .Does anyone have any experience with either?

TIA
WTZ

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I have killed many deer and turkey with the Double Cross. They don't use bands it collars never open in flight and open every time on impact. I had no problems from Vent 150 or Vent 175 Extreme but with the Aculeus 460 the bleeder blades open to far and hit arrow ruining it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have killed many deer and turkey with the Double Cross. They don't use bands it collars never open in flight and open every time on impact. I had no problems from Vent 150 or Vent 175 Extreme but with the mechanicals 460 the bleeder blades open to far and hit arrow ruining it.
Thanks Rit, is NAP aware of that? Have you transitioned to another solution? Should I consider another?
I had a successful season last year however I'm really quite interested in understanding mechanicals and making an educated decision.
Cheers!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I loved the heads but didn't want to keep using different heads for each bow so I went to Swat X Mag for all my bows
Thx again Rit. The specs say the Swat X Mags reqiire 350 fps +. With my new STs coming my Sub 1 could be under that. I would presume they might not deploy and or lack penetration?

·
Registered
134 Posts
SWAT also has Xbow mini. I am shooting them out of my Nemesis 140 this year. I shoot the Xbow Mags with my Aculeous 160. Flawless performance. Sharp and do what they were intended to do.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Idhardin, I'll check them out for sure!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've shot the Doublecross since they first came out and had good results. Unfortunately since the company sold and they are now made in China and, in my opinion, the quality has gone downhill and customer service is basically non existent. I now shoot the Sevr brand and have been very happy with them. The only place you can buy the Sevr is on their website so check it out. There are several choices available and you can purchase only 1 if you just want to try them out. I also have heard good things about theTruglo Titanium X broadheads which are similar to the Doublecross so that might be worth looking into also. Good luck on your choice whatever it is. By the way, if you do go the Doublecross route make sure you get the crossbow model.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've shot the Doublecross since they first came out and had good results. Unfortunately since the company sold and they are now made in China and, in my opinion, the quality has gone downhill and customer service is basically non existent. I now shoot the Sevr brand and have been very happy with them. The only place you can buy the Sevr is on their website so check it out. There are several choices available and you can purchase only 1 if you just want to try them out. I also have heard good things about theTruglo Titanium X broadheads which are similar to the Doublecross so that might be worth looking into also. Good luck on your choice whatever it is. By the way, if you do go the Doublecross route make sure you get the crossbow model.
Thank you GWN001, I'd prefer not to buy unless made in the USA as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts