Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a few packs of the NAP XB Quick Fletch vanes for my Center Punch Evo X arrows as spares in case I happen to tear off some vanes while practicing. My concern is how well will they work if I have to use them. They are 1/2" shorter than the factory vanes and appear to have some what of a helical twist as opposed to just an offset. Granted I wanted to buy a fletching jig, but it's a bit confusing and tough to find the right jig for arrows with a 2% offset. I long for the old vert bow days of a simple Bitzenberger jig and then buying whatever Bitz helical clamp you desired for it. Anyone tried these NAP XB QF's? What jig do you use/recommend for your arrows that gives you a 2% offset? Thanks in advance for enlightening me!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No answers or opinions? o_O Surely somebody has tried these fletchings on the Center Punch arrows. What fletching jig are you using to get a 2% offset on your carbons?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm wanting to find out the same thing Bulldog. I would like to build my own bolts but have no idea what jig to use for 2° offset.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
One thing to look at/consider first......will the vinyl wrap fit back into the trigger box and allow the bolt to nock correctly.
The first custom arrows I ordered from Jerry for my Mission had wraps and I couldn't even use them.
Maybe you'll find it's not an issue with the Viper?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I use many different types of "Quick Fletch". Make sure you buy the crossbow versions as they are the proper height for most rail depths. Also, I like to cut off a little of the rear of the tube to match factory fletched arrows.

Reactions: BULLDOGGBOYZ

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing to look at/consider first......will the vinyl wrap fit back into the trigger box and allow the bolt to nock correctly.
The first custom arrows I ordered from Jerry for my Mission had wraps and I couldn't even use them.
Maybe you'll find it's not an issue with the Viper?
Excellent point! I never even thought of that to be honest. Nothing a little trimming couldn't fix I suppose.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use many different types of "Quick Fletch". Make sure you buy the crossbow versions as they are the proper height for most rail depths. Also, I like to cut off a little of the rear of the tube to match factory fletched arrows.
I definitely made sure to get the crossbow version, but never considered what JRS said, in that they may interfere with the arrow seating properly in the trigger box. Trimming them would likely be the cure if that was the case. Good advice Archer...Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts