Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for new arrows for my Grim Reaper. I'd like to get then with Firenocks.

What do you recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
20" Tapps/AV2's/w/ U nocks. U nocks fit tight on our servings but, gave us better accuracy overall. After using Firenock red and green last year I still prefer red.
I make my inserts up front but, Jerry's double tapp should work fine. I guess if Jerry installs the Firenock end caps they should be guaranteed for life to work. If not the thread below this one has my process of doing them right forever.

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to go without the lighted nocks. Cheaper to buy new arrows o_O

·
Registered
89 Posts
Not sure how much your looking to spend... My experiance is most carbon crossbow arrows in current production are durable enough for most crossbows makes.. Over the years I have used several different big name and smaller named brands, Horton Savages, Carbon Express, Blood Sport, Victories, Velocity Achery (thinking a Wicked Rigde knock off)... The real difference for me was the the style of the arrow; I.E. Flat nocks verses half moon or other... 2" vanes verses 3" or 4"... And then the broadheads your choosing to use on the arrows.. Over the years, I gravitated to mechanical heads and the shortest arrows and vanes I can buy. My rational was the mechanical heads fly the most like filed points and the slightly shorter arrows with 2" vanes tend to fly faster... But when using fixed blade heads, I noticed a 3" or 4" vanes actually worked a bit better for me, in regards to consistent accuracy.

I am an eBay seeker... Ussually scanning eBay looking for a good deal. Often at times finding a vendor willing to sell off part of a large arrow stock pile for discount pricing... Many times finding what I'm looking for in the $80 price range per dozen (12ea), or less... For some reason, the 2" vaned crossbow arrows tend to be less available and a little pricier... But, patience and tenacity will usually prevail....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought in to the Spinal Tapp koolaide. I had bought a new crossbow and thought that I was having accuracy issues with it. I really thought I had a bad bow. I bought 8 arrows from Eric and Jerry.
The problem wasn't the crossbow, or me. The arrows that came with my crossbow were very inconsistent. The Spinal Tapp arrows made all the difference in the world. I'm not a snake oil guy, and I'm not a crack shot, but, the difference in accuracy for me was huge. I now really like my crossbow and trust it.

Your results may vary, and I'm not pimping SS Archery. Other custom arrow builders may have the exact same results. This is what happen to me and in the long run probably saved me some money as I was thinking about selling my bow and looking for a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts