Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in need of some non working trail camera to help catch a thief. Had 2 good ones stole last week and need to set up some more boobie trapped and being watched. Any body who has some broken ones let me know please.

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Are you putting the cameras in a secure padlocked box, lag bolted to the tree?

Some cameras can be set up with a secure code, that to clear this, if the camera is stolen or the owner forgets the code the camera has to be returned to the a manufacture where the returning person can be caught. To have this cleared, one has to have proof of ownership.

Before I did this when cameras were set up in bear country, two cameras were pulled from the tree where the bears broke that part where the strap went though. One, the camera landed face up and caught the bear playing with the loose end of the strap that was still on the tree. The cameras were set for video.

All the best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve never had any problems so no they weren’t locked. It’s a postage size spot me and my 10 yr old son like to hunt and get pics of bucks. Most wouldn’t even think about deer being there. And no I’m not the type to be hurting anyone over some cameras but I can’t make any promises he won’t smell like skunk for a little while!!!

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,831 Posts
I just threw out all the bad ones I had saved in a drawer over the holidays. Sorry...

·
Registered
Excalibur Exomax
728 Posts
Tasso camera’s are on sale for $21.00 here in the store at WalMart. By the time you pay shipping may be a better way to go.
Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.