Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Wicked Ridge. Right now I shoot Carbon Expresx Pile Drivers but they have a half moon nock. Questions:
1. Assume shooting those in the Wicked Ridge is a bad idea?
2. Does anyone know if there are Alpha nock inserts that will fit in a Pile Driver?
3. Are they lighted?
4. Should I bite the bullet and spend another C note on Ten Point lighted bolts?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Shoot the nocks that the manufacturer recommends for that specific model bow. If it says to use Alpha nocks, then use only Alpha nocks. What model bow do you have? You can likely install Alpha nocks to the Pile driver's, depending on the inside diameter of the shafts. TP has 3 size options for Alpha nock receivers. .297/.300/.305. That being said, the Evo Center Punch arrows are one of the best built factory arrows you can buy. A lot of people on this forum use them and short of custom built spine indexed arrows, you would be hard pressed to find a better, more capable arrow. Lighted Alpha nocks aren't the brightest of lighted nocks on the market, but are good enough to get the job done. If you buy the red or green Alpha nocks, makes sure you get the translucent ones and not the solid color ones. Then you can buy JUST the TP replacement light sticks and place them inside. This is a bit cheaper than buying the entire lighted nock kit. I say bite bullet and buy the lighted Center Punch arrows. The arrow and it's head are the only link that will actually touch the game you hunt. There for you want and need that arrow/head to be the best most optimal set up that you can afford and or are willing to buy. These are just MY opinions of course. Good luck!

·
2,781 Posts
I seriously doubt that the moon nocks will create any problem. I can use then in my RDX which has a string angle as tight as any of the WR bows. That said, I would not be willing to risk my warranty on the new crossbow just to save money on arrows. You could get a half dozen Dragon Claws from Wyvern with Alphas for way less than $100. IME, they will also be better quality than most generic package arrows. Tapp Nation would also have higher quality arrows with Alphas for less than buying factory TP arrows. JMHO

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Alphas need to be used and the suggestion of R&R the Pile Driver nocks is a good consideration and one of the inserts in the pack will fit. You can get the Alphas in LED Alpha-Bright 3 packs with Green or Red nocks.

The DC from Wyvern are also an option and are much better arrows compared to the Pile Drivers BUT that doesn't mean that the Pile Drivers don't shoot well from your Wicked Ridge bow.

The EVO-X arrows are the best factory built arrow available today but they are not cheap. I highly recommend them if you decide new arrows are your path.

Reactions: BULLDOGGBOYZ
1 - 4 of 4 Posts