Crossbow Nation banner

need help choosing a crossbow

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Huntersthompson 
#1 ·
i am a long time compoud bowhunter and my rotator cups are wore out and its time to start looking at some crossbows. i am not looking to start on the high side just low to mid range. i have been checking out the bear x intense i do want a good lighted scope on what ever bow i choose. looking forward for input thanks.

#3 ·
Killer instinct boss 405 is a cool little package. Barnett xp 400 Can be grabbed at cabelas or bps for $350.00 right now. Centerpoint patriot. These three best bang for the buck under $400.00. Killer instincts lifetime warranty hard to beat . Barnetts trigger head and shoulders better than the rest. CP patriot solid xbow good company ,mediocre trigger. (fixable for $120.00)Barnett has taken some knocks on customer service but has been stepping up their game since taken over by Plano synergy.

#5 ·
I was just looking at Cabela's website, they have some great clearance prices on the discontinued TenPoint models.

#7 ·
so these xbows need to have the triggers fixed at a cost of 125 bucks. a 400 $ xbow turns in to a 525 $ xbow. its kind of confusing. i don't know what kind of scope they have on them it may need to be replace also. i do want a good trigger, kind of on the hair side with very little travel.

#8 ·
Hopefully none of us never actually need warranty service on a new crossbow - but that is an area that probably shouldn't be overlooked, too.

When I read really bad reviews about customer support/warranty claims about a certain brand, I don't even consider that brand any longer.

And it is kind of surprising how many brands have poor customer support.

#9 ·
I agree 100%. That's why the brands that were suggested to the OP are some what, if not well known for they're customer service and warranties. Maybe Barnett is on the upswing after being purchased by Plano, but I won't buy one in this lifetime due to the fact I basically had to lick my own ***hole just to get the bad taste out of my mouth from those clowns.

#11 ·
Suggest you start with one that has lifetime warranty. Customer service will be up and down because of people moving from job to job since Covid-19 change the way business operates.
I had four new crossbows brands in there years all had warranty issues so go figure. One will be lucky to get one issue free especially if you use it and know what to expect. Better than most arrows will fix lots of accuracy issues as well as scopes.
Suggest you start with online reviews. Best seller is not best crossbow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.