Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So i am new to the xbow world and just need some overall help as it is overwhelming to read all the reviews and try to pick one.I was really leaning on the KI Brawler or KI Burner. I am trying to stay in the 400 range so i will have extra money to upgrade scopes and such if needed.Any ideas on a decent bow in this budget? Just looking for something that will take down whitetail and maybe a hog here and there,im not trying to be the king of the hill just want a dependable bow.Please give me some feedback and if im in the right area with the two im looking at let me know.I am trying to order a bow this week.Thanks for any help!
Maurice

Registered
If you can afford a $899 purchase I think you should take a hard look at the new KI Swat XP that is about to be released. It is going to be a hard bow to beat and already comes with a very good scope according to the people that are currently testing it. I doubt that you can match this bow with any others in the price range it is being offered in. Some of the testers are saying it should sell for $1500 at least.
Buy once, cry once. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Its in my budget and i have been hearing that name alot lately.I will go check it out for sure.I really want to do this right once,not 3 or 4 times.Thanks for the feedback also.

Registered
No problem, I have had 6 crossbows so far and still have 4 of them and I am looking very hard at the new Swat. :)
I know and trust the guys that are testing it and they will tell it like they see it.

Registered
I'll still throw in a nod for the CenterPoint bows. The 415 seems to be a good bow after a few mods as well as the Sniper 370. Both are well within your budget and both will kill your deer and hogs. And for the price you wont have a hard time adding a few upgrades such as a trigger enhancement and changing out the stock arrows (which are pure junk) and the scope. Ive had the Sniper for a few years now and she's so dependable I havent given a second thought to upgrading. Just something more you can look at. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
The 415 Centerpoint you mentioned,are you talking about the Patriot 415? I was looking at it last night and still havent ruled it out.Thanks for the feedback guys.

Registered
The Patriot, the Amped, and the Ripper are all the same bow just sold by different companies using a different name. Theyre very affordable with plenty of room for upgrades. I'll tell ya now.....just owning one crossbow wont get it though. You will want more!;):)

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
The Patriot, the Amped, and the Ripper are all the same bow just sold by different companies using a different name. Theyre very affordable with plenty of room for upgrades. I'll tell ya now.....just owning one crossbow wont get it though. You will want more!;):)
Who are you kidding,im ready to pull the trigger on two right now.I have a cousin that loves to hunt so it will give me company if i do.The choices are so many im just swamped with to much info.I really lean on the KI brand because i see they stand behind their products and have good CS,that goes a long way with me.That being said i guess my biggest problem is being a noob to xbows i just dont know the specific things to look for in a bow,so that is why i have been asking alot of questions.Thanks again for the help.Great forum and even better group of men and women on here.

Premium Member
Some things to consider;
  • manual or assisted cocking, or both
  • decocking capability
  • adjustable cheek and butt rests
  • string/cable replacement yourself or by others
  • trigger pull weight
  • overall weight
  • length and uncocked width
  • does it feel OK when you shoulder it and view through the scope
I'm sure there is more but I am done for the night.

Good luck

Reactions: JOE PA

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for the tips everyone.I think i may add the Centerpoint Amped 415 to the list.Thats for you Gabowman,you opened my eyes to this one.Thanks everyone.Im back to reading.

Buy the 鈥 KI Brawler.

Registered
If you don't need the crank and can wait until they have them back in stock, add your email address to the link below and once on stock they will notify you.....$299 with free shipping for the 415 Amped:

Registered
Who are you kidding,im ready to pull the trigger on two right now.I have a cousin that loves to hunt so it will give me company if i do.The choices are so many im just swamped with to much info.I really lean on the KI brand because i see they stand behind their products and have good CS,that goes a long way with me.That being said i guess my biggest problem is being a noob to xbows i just dont know the specific things to look for in a bow,so that is why i have been asking alot of questions.Thanks again for the help.Great forum and even better group of men and women on here.
The amped,patriot and heat 415 are all centerpoint,just different camo.
Buy the 鈥 KI Brawler.
Curious why you pick brawler?

The amped,patriot and heat 415 are all centerpoint,just different camo.

Curious why you pick brawler?
I'd take 鈥 Killer Instinct over all the other less expensive crossbows. Couple years back they made an advertising course correction that impressed me. And their customer service is well respected. You're getting a manageable package in the Brawler because it has 185lb limbs and 400fps. I've probably killed 90% of my hundreds of crossbow deer over the last decade with arrows between 386fps and 408fps. Plus you can get a package deal for under $350.00. That 15fps gain with the 220lb gorilla limbs of the Burner just isn't worth the discomfort and unpleasantness of shooting the thing.

Reactions: robertyb

Registered
1 - 20 of 45 Posts