Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
The reason i mentioned the Amped is because that seems to be the only one with the ball bearing vs. the metal finger for holding the bolts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
If you don't need the crank and can wait until they have them back in stock, add your email address to the link below and once on stock they will notify you.....$299 with free shipping for the 415 Amped:
I just went to Northwoods and they have removed the amped bow completely.I was just looking at it last night on there.馃え

Registered
still showing just out of stock

Registered
mauice74, with the link to opticsplanet i posted above with the 10% discount it's only about $15 more then northwoods and opticsplanet has them in stock

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
I think i am going to go ahead and order the amped.Is there anything i should go ahead and order with it to be ahead of the game?

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
You guys have been a great help to me and i want you all to know i greatly appreciate it.Im still thinking about getting that Brawler for a second bow for the just in case days.It seems like alot of bow for the price.I will keep you guys posted,keep me informed on add ons i should get for the Patriot 415 also.

Registered
I think i am going to go ahead and order the amped.Is there anything i should go ahead and order with it to be ahead of the game?
Better arrows, scope and a good target. I did not care too much for the scope that came on my Patriot 415 (same as amped).

Registered
For my 415 I use the supplied bolts for discharging after a days hunt, I use for hunting Victory Decimators and they fly great and aren't expensive at all, I changed out the quiver to a Kwikkee Kiver, I also had the trigger worked on to make it lighter, and had the bolt retainer replaced with a brush retainer, the scope I replaced with Hawke #12221

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks i have read alot about people not liking the scopes that come on them.The Hawke scope also comes up alot when upgrades to the scope are mentioned.As for the trigger,what is the biggest problem with them,just the strong 3 to 4lb trigger pull?

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Its killing me to get my new bow but im trying to be patient and get everything i need together if i can.Im like a kid waiting on Christmas morning for that new bike. lol

Registered
I'll still throw in a nod for the CenterPoint bows. The 415 seems to be a good bow after a few mods as well as the Sniper 370. Both are well within your budget and both will kill your deer and hogs. And for the price you wont have a hard time adding a few upgrades such as a trigger enhancement and changing out the stock arrows (which are pure junk) and the scope. Ive had the Sniper for a few years now and she's so dependable I havent given a second thought to upgrading. Just something more you can look at. Good luck.
So does anyone know what difference btw cp 400 silent and heat 415 and amped with power draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Who are you kidding,im ready to pull the trigger on two right now.I have a cousin that loves to hunt so it will give me company if i do.The choices are so many im just swamped with to much info.I really lean on the KI brand because i see they stand behind their products and have good CS,that goes a long way with me.That being said i guess my biggest problem is being a noob to xbows i just dont know the specific things to look for in a bow,so that is why i have been asking alot of questions.Thanks again for the help.Great forum and even better group of men and women on here.
You will do well to buy a KI product. I own a Ripper 415 so I can witness they stand behind their lifetime warranty.The Ripper is one of KI best selling crossbows that is why it is still offered even with new models released with similar speed.
CP is ok but they only warranty to 5 years.I did by a CP Spectre 375 for my son and it turned out to be a very good crossbow. I know because I set it up and test shot it alot. It's design is 3x better than the Sniper which I also owned. Unfortunately they stopped producing them because of low demand.

Good luck!
SOA

Reactions: eloucha
21 - 40 of 46 Posts