Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
It should of came with a rope cocking aid. Check your directions on how to use it properly. You can also just put your foot through the stirrup and grab the string on either side of the rail and pull it back.
If you can't cock it either of the above ways, they do make a crank for it.
Just out of curiosity, how did you come across owning a bow that you don't know how to cock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I AM NEW AT THIS . I BOUHGT THIS BOW ON LINE NEW.READ SOME POSITIVE REVIEWS ON THIS BOW. IHAVE NEVER OWNED A CROSSBOW. IHAVE AROPE COCKING ROPE BUT IT KEEPS COMING OFF WHEN IPULL IT BACK SO IF I'M DOING WRONG PLEASE LET ME KNOW . THANKS BRYAN:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes ,i See In The Pict. The Guy Has The Rope Wrapped Around His Wrist To Shorten The Pull . I'll Try That An Hope It Works, Thanks For The Advice . Thanks Bryan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOT IT

A New Day , Iwatched A Vidio An Got It. I Was Not Useing The Right Tech. Iwas Not Looping The Cord Around The Back Of The Stock Just Below The Safety Mech. That Made All The Difference . Thanks Bryan:):)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kudos to Urban

Thanks for helping. I just got back in town and saw this email.

Kudos and many thanks to Urban Legend and Crossbow Nation!

Always wrap the center of the Rope Cocking Aid's rope behind the trigger assembly on the stock. This is how you get the mechanical advantage to reduce the pull weight. The Rope Cocking Aid allows you to half the draw weight at the expense of doubling the draw distance.

If you have any questions please see the Owners Manual or the instruction manual that comes with the Rope Cocking Aid.

BXB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes,kudos To Urban

Yes I Do Thank Urban For His Time To Help Me On The Cocking Problem .i'm Not Going To Stir The Pot,but To The Barnett Rep. Yyou Might Look At The Owners Manual/instructionalmanual To The Predator On Cocking The Xbow,an There Was Not Any Info With Cocking Rope That Came With The Xbow. Thanks Bryan:)

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
BSTRONG said:
A New Day , Iwatched A Vidio An Got It. I Was Not Useing The Right Tech. Iwas Not Looping The Cord Around The Back Of The Stock Just Below The Safety Mech. That Made All The Difference . Thanks Bryan:):)
Here's another rope cocker tip you might try. Once you are sure you have everything in the right place, take all the slack you can out of the rope. By this I mean to the point you have to pull the bow string back a few inches to get the 2nd hook on it. This will make life soooo much easier, lol. You won't run out of arms as fast, lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
There should be an instruction manual specific to the Rope Cocking Aid inside the box that the Rope Cocker came in.

If you didn't receive the instruction manual please pm me and I will email you the manual to the Rope Cocking Aid as a pdf.

BXB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes kudos to urban

Yes I Do Thank Urban For His Time To Help Me .not Trying To Stir Up Anything,but The Barnett Rep. Needs To Read The Instructional Manual That Comes With The Predator Xbow On Cocking. There Is Nothing About Using A Cocking Rope, An No Instructions With The Cocking Rope Sent With The Xbow. Thanks Bryan:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bryan,

I am sorry that you did not receive the directions for the Rope Cocking Device. These instructions should have been in the box or bag that held the RCD within the Predator box. The instructions for the rope cocker are not included in the Manual specific to the Predator.

I would be glad to Email you a pdf copy of the instructions if you PM me your email address. If you can't PM me I would be glad to mail you a copy of the directions. Please provide me with your contact information.

BXB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts