Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

i'm new to the CN forum & new as well to crossbows. ( i was "into" longbows for years, but cannot draw a bow any more.) & have "fallen heir to" a used Horton Yukon SL (which seems to have been never/seldom used) , serial number: G768xx.

sadly, i got NOTHING with the bow, except 9 "like new, but used" arrows. (after the previous owner passed away, his apartment was "cleaned out " & i ended up with it from his sister.)

does anyone have an owner's manual to sell/share/copy for that bow???

thanks, texasnative46

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to Zombie,

THANKS. i didn't find the page you were talking about (as the site said: we're sorry the page you requested is temporarily unavailable) BUT i found the toll-free # & a "nice lady" is mailing me one, w/catalog.

btw, i work "some" in VA. where are you??? (perhaps an "urban" WT hunt in 9/10/11-o8???)

yours, texasnative46

·
175 Posts
Texasnative46,

The fact that Horton is sending you a catalog doesn't surprise me. They do have a pretty good customer service department. I live in southern Chesterfield County right between Richmond & Petersburg. We also border Henrico, Prince George, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Powhatan and Amelia. My County has both I-95 and I-295 running right through the middle of it.

·
175 Posts
My father ended his Army career at Fort Lee which is how we ended up living in Virginia. I graduated High School in 1970 and a whole lot has changed since then especially in Chesterfield County. They are getting ready to expand Fort Lee considerably and that influx of people is being praised as revitalizing Petersburg and the Tri-Cities. Personally, all I think it is going to do is just put more people and traffic into an already confined and congested space. But I'm not a business owner and I'm now retired, since February 29th, so crowded roads and shopping centers don't make me as happy as the business owners are.

If you're ever around this way give me a shout. Always glad to hook up with a fellow archer.

·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zombie,et.al.,

i received the Horton owner's manual in today's post.

NICE booklet, EXCEPT that it doesn't tell me HOW to remove the peep sight & base, so that i can put a scope on.

can someone tell me how to take the rear sight & base OFF???

thanks, texasnative46

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yukon Peep Sight

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago and Horton was kind enough to send me the manual but it doesn't tell me how to completely disassemble it. Anyway to remove the peep sight just unscrew the allen screw located on the side of the sight, just be careful because there is a small spring that jumps out when you finish unscrewing the allen. Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts