Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I have a stryker 380 that I lent out. Not sure how but it won't shoot. Can someone give me a step by step on how to discharge this bow. I do not have a bow press. Thanks
20200908_132950.jpg

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I got it to discharge, I tried to ram a arrow into the back end, the safety finally came loose. Still no discharge, so Wyvern said to take the stock off and see if anything is bent or loose. just as I was doing so, WHAM, bow dry fired. busted one string but amazingly the cams and limbs seem aok. I thoroughly went over the limbs with a powerful magnifying glass. So I will bring it to the proshop in the morning and get it back together. I just wish I knew what the issue was in the beginning.

Reactions: Wapster

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
well I got it to discharge, I tried to ram a arrow into the back end, the safety finally came loose. Still no discharge, so Wyvern said to take the stock off and see if anything is bent or loose. just as I was doing so, WHAM, bow dry fired. busted one string but amazingly the cams and limbs seem aok. I thoroughly went over the limbs with a powerful magnifying glass. So I will bring it to the proshop in the morning and get it back together. I just wish I knew what the issue was in the beginning.
Lending it out seems to be that issue.;) Hope everything's alright with your crossbow.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out it was me not my buddy who messed up. I had new limbs put on by Dave, i took the stock off for mailings purposes. When I got it back I inadvertently assembled the stock with the wrong length screw. The 380 has 3 screws for replacing the stock. 2 short one long. I put the longer one towards the butt end. The screw being to long hit the safety connecting rod. Holding it back from firing. So when I loosened the screw to disassemble it dry fired. My bad. Now I need new string and 2 cams. Limbs are ok

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just when I thought I knew something about Xbows, then I go and make a bonehead mistake like I did.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Makes sense now....at least its no mystery anymore. Give it another round trip ticket to Dave...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Chalk it up as something learned, happens to everyone at one time or another. The important thing to those who care about you is that you were not hurt. That's the sliver lining to this "dark cloud" episode.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I sort of figured some was bound up in there when it fired as you started taking it apart. Only thing that made any sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts