Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPS delivered the Nemesis 140 and the Spyderweb this afternoon! I was able to squeeze the new target in between the two shoot sacks and still close the target house doors. I finished a shooting bench based on Rick Jamison's design last week, but I still need to mount the jack plate and scope on the xbow. I have time because the wind is 21 mph gusting to 38 mph, and rain is forecast for several days. I feel like a kid at Christmas, now if I could find my plumb bob. I must say that Non Typical takes great care of his equipment. This bow is like new. Thanks Brad, Bill

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good luck with new scroypd nemesis!
What is “ 140”
I have the Deathstalker and love it. Considering nemesis but waiting next year. You have the crank as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck with new scroypd nemesis!
What is “ 140”
I have the Deathstalker and love it. Considering nemesis but waiting next year. You have the crank as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave, I am new to crossbows- this is my first-but I understand that 140 is 140 pounds of draw weight It was/is also known as the Nemesis 420 which is 420 fps with a 370 grain arrow. This one shoots at 393 fps with a 425 grain arrow and I have the long cocker. I might have an aerocrank in my future. Bill

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Nice bow you got for yourself ! It's solid and perfectly balanced. Years of enjoyment with those Barnsdale limbs. You can shoot your heart out and they'll just smile at you... you made a good choice on getting that bow. You always have the option of upgrading to the heavier limbs also but, you have plenty enough speed to get the job done now and some. Keep that center serving maintained and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Nemesis came without wax or lub and appears to be completely oem. What have you folks found to be the best treatment for cables and string on a Scorpyd? Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The Nemesis came without wax or lub and appears to be completely oem. What have you folks found to be the best treatment for cables and string on a Scorpyd? Thanks, Bill
I use this. When you first apply the Scorpion Venom wax,use the leather piece included and burnish the wax into the serving good before you shoot it. Then just apply lightly as needed,every 10 or 15 shots. Make sure you wax where the cables cross VERY well also!
string wax.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tmntns,
Thank you for the waxing information, and I wanted the scope. Idaho Fish and Game says NO MAGNIFICATION! You are correct, it does look great on your DS. I also retired from the USAF as a 30690 in '83.
Thanks again, Bill
P.S. Amazon Prime now has my order .
Bill

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NT CPA
The box arrived yesterday in great shape and the high cheek rest really made a difference. What broadheads did you use with this setup?
Thanks, Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts