Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I apologize, I have the AeroCrank AD not the AccuDraw. I just wanted to set the record straight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure, I pulled the trigger twice this season. Two pulls, two deer in the freezer! Drop dead accurate, smoking fast, amazing trigger, balance, fit & finish! I can't ask for anything more.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not sure, I pulled the trigger twice this season. Two pulls, two deer in the freezer! Drop dead accurate, smoking fast, amazing trigger, balance, fit & finish! I can't ask for anything more.
You would have had to sight it in , so you pulled the trigger more than 2 times !!!!

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's true, I forgot to include that, sorry. I'm estimating thirty to forty shots total and the center serving looks like new. I hunt with my bow so it's not going to see a high shot count. For me personally, it has exceeded my expectations from a performance perspective.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Mine is like that to. The center serving will stay perfect up until around 60-80th shot, then without warning my serving frayed. That was with a double served string. I'm now useing .036 Angel Majesty and getting better results so far. Don't use the double served strings on it. It's to thin of a material and not strong enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Marty - what's your current shot count? I've been told that Scorpyd's tester is up to 300 shots on the Nemesis with 180lb limbs.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I'm really not counting but it's around 60 shots or so on this string and that's near the number of shots I took with the double served string when it went. I'll know better after another 60 shots if it is going to make any real diference or not. I'm not holding my breath....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm really not counting but it's around 60 shots or so on this string and that's near the number of shots I took with the double served string when it went. I'll know better after another 60 shots if it is going to make any real difference or not. I'm not holding my breath....
I would love to know if most owners of the Nemesis have center serving issues? I own a Nemesis 140 and had the center serving start to come a part after approximately 200 shots. I then had a limb fail and had to get replacement limbs from Scorpyd which was in August of 2019 . Had some health issues and have not shot the Nemesis since it was returned to me.
I am having Jerry, with South Shore Archery, re-serve my string with some serving material he is experimenting with - we'll see how that goes. I would think that everyone who is have serving problems would want to get the problem resolved; especially if everyone is not having the problem. It is my intent, if experimenting with different serving materials does not work, I plan on getting together with Rex at Scorpyd to see if he has a solution.

Reactions: skkyking

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I would love to know if most owners of the Nemesis have center serving issues? I own a Nemesis 140 and had the center serving start to come a part after approximately 200 shots. I then had a limb fail and had to get replacement limbs from Scorpyd which was in August of 2019 . Had some health issues and have not shot the Nemesis since it was returned to me.
I am having Jerry, with South Shore Archery, re-serve my string with some serving material he is experimenting with - we'll see how that goes. I would think that everyone who is have serving problems would want to get the problem resolved; especially if everyone is not having the problem. It is my intent, if experimenting with different serving materials does not work, I plan on getting together with Rex at Scorpyd to see if he has a solution.
You can set the ATA's a little wider to preserve string/serving life.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
I'm working with scorpyd to test the latest material. I will be sending 6 strings to his tester in a couple of weeks

We are looking at two options, 1st Double served, second single served

Both methods will be with the same material just different sizes

Anyone who gets a test string must follow my instructions or the test is useless

1st thing before a day of shooting burnish wax into the center serving

2nd every ten shots apply a thin coat of wax to the center serving

3rd apply rail lube

This must be done for every session of shooting

If this material works I will be sharing it with Rogue Bowstrings so the strings can be built using it. I will also make it available when bows are sent in for warranty work

Reactions: ranger sgt

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm working with scorpyd to test the latest material. I will be sending 6 strings to his tester in a couple of weeks

We are looking at two options, 1st Double served, second single served

Both methods will be with the same material just different sizes

Anyone who gets a test string must follow my instructions or the test is useless

1st thing before a day of shooting burnish wax into the center serving

2nd every ten shots apply a thin coat of wax to the center serving

3rd apply rail lube

This must be done for every session of shooting

If this material works I will be sharing it with Rogue Bowstrings so the strings can be built using it. I will also make it available when bows are sent in for warranty work
That is not a limb pocket adjuster or is it a properly milled riser !!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like to shoot a lot!! for someone like myself I want a correct fix not a band aid! I would have considered going a different route if I had know about this issue before hand!!! I think it's only fair that prospective buyers be informed of this ongoing issue with the NEMESIS 480 so as they can decide for them self before purchasing . Do you agree.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Very Very nice from the good side of the river.
FINALLY a guy who has 3x as many fixed blades than fieldtips! Why the HHA and, the Sig? Seems redundant.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts