Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Your saying this not me. I'm not paranoid nor do I think anyone is out to get me. Why would you even say this. Are you a liscened psychologist? I don't even think they could assess someone's mental evaluation over the internet. Why do you make such a judgement on me. If anyone is paranoid it's you because I asked Jerry a few questions and your jumping in to his defense. What are you worried about ?

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
You said yourself in another post he was trying to discredit you! YOUR words Marty,not mine and I haven't talked to Jerry! Why are you so paranoid all of a sudden and thinking people are out to get you? You build a GREAT string , but just because someone else has another idea to try doesn't mean they are trying to hurt you!
Maybe you could show me where I said I thought Jerry is discrediting me ? Where is it ? Huh ?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm not defending anyone and I'm done with this conversation!
Good luck in your string business......

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Maybe you could show me where I said I thought Jerry is discrediting me ? Where is it ? Huh ?
I asked the mods to remove my post that I guess pushed you over the edge. He also removed two posts you made in which you stated I was trying to discredit you

Now you said I was a liar, that you caught me in lies.

So I ask you do you remember the post or are you not being honest since it's no longer here.

I can get the mod to put the three posts back up if you dont remember

Look you and i are different

You tell everyone what and how you are doing string tests.

I dont, i keep it secret for two reasons.

First I dont want others trying things until I'm sure they work and wont cause issues. People trust me a lot and if I post something I'm trying and someone tries it and gets hurt then that would bother me the rest of my life

Second my plan was to keep what I'm doing proprietary and if it works and fixes the serving issue I planned to only share it with you.

So I'm not lying, I'm not trying to discredit you I'm simply trying to help

Marty I have spent between 1500 and 2000 on all kinds of material trying to find a material and process that works.

I would love to eventually get that back replacing servings on scorpyd bows that come in for warranty work

So once again I will offer, give me a call and we will talk through why you are upset

I will say here and now if I said something in a post that hurt you I'm deeply sorry it was not my intent

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Nicely stated Jerry.
I just dont get what he feels I did,

I wish now I hadn't asked the mod to remove my post so Marty could see what he posted

Had this happened a couple of years ago I would have handle this in a not so good way

At 66 I have learned it's simply not worth the drama.

When you say things in anger they cant be taken back

·
Happy Member
5,277 Posts
Jerry they all have come and gone but you’re still here! Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Dont worry Jerry some of us tuned Marty out back during his scorpyd tuning blunder thread. Back then he was attacking Scorpyd without cause.

Reactions: canuckarcher

·
Registered
811 Posts
Guys, please take a deep breadth and work this out for the benefit of each of you and the Forum. I have the highest respect for both Marty & Jerry!! I may be totally wrong here but when the Scorpyd serving initially started going bad, I thought I saw a post from both where they had a few exchanges about each working servings and then helping each other by sharing information. Then I saw a post recently where Jerry had possibly come up with a wiz bang new serving material/idea and Marty asked him if he’d send him some material so he could put it on a string. Jerry in reply said ship me your string and he’d put it on. I certainly don’t want to butt in here and both you guys are great;...but there is obviously a misunderstanding. I’m probably totally off base in my analogy but again just hate to see respected people on here that may disagree on a minor point end up with a major falling out. I’ve seen it before in a big way on the other Forum and people I respected greatly for their knowledge ended up either leaving or worst in the worst case got banned. Both of you are “Gentlemen” so let’s see if you can hopefully get this misunderstanding cleared up between you without getting to many other people weighing in. I choose no sides here, just hope for resolution between two fine people I respect. Regards

·
Registered
64 Posts
It seems like a bad idea, at the early stages, for Jerry to share his new serving "material". I say this, because he wishes for it to remain proprietary, [can't blame him for that], and Marty takes great care on his servings. So in a experimental stage the question would be, material or method. Not the most conducive method for scientific results. What is rewarding to us end users is, both are trying to help with a problem.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Guys, please take a deep breadth and work this out for the benefit of each of you and the Forum. I have the highest respect for both Marty & Jerry!! I may be totally wrong here but when the Scorpyd serving initially started going bad, I thought I saw a post from both where they had a few exchanges about each working servings and then helping each other by sharing information.
Yep I posted that if I find a remedy that I would share it with marty. And I thought we were sharing info, we did have a couple of conversations then the channel went dead!

Then I saw a post recently where Jerry had possibly come up with a wiz bang new serving material/idea and Marty asked him if he’d send him some material so he could put it on a string. Jerry in reply said ship me your string and he’d put it on.
Again you are correct! The reason I said I would put it on for him is I have a specific way I am working the serving and during the testing phase it needs to be done my way and the only way to do it my way is for me to do it.

Example I have sent out a lot of test servings and over half of the people who got them did not follow my instructions on maintenance!

Once I am sure what i am doing is working I fully intended to share the process and material with marty [/QUOTE]

I certainly don’t want to butt in here and both you guys are great;...but there is obviously a misunderstanding. I’m probably totally off base in my analogy but again just hate to see respected people on here that may disagree on a minor point end up with a major falling out.
As far as Im concerned I am not mad at marty and there is no falling out. I have never have been mad at marty, I frankly do not know what set him off.

I’ve seen it before in a big way on the other Forum and people I respected greatly for their knowledge ended up either leaving or worst in the worst case got banned. Both of you are “Gentlemen” so let’s see if you can hopefully get this misunderstanding cleared up between you without getting to many other people weighing in. I choose no sides here, just hope for resolution between two fine people I respect. Regards
I have sent marty around 4 emails and the last email i sent marty responded with, "I have been working a lot I have no idea what you are talking about!

So I am fine, I will continue to do what I am doing, I am not mad at him and if he calls me I will gladly talk with him.

At this point is on him to decide what he wants to do!

Reactions: the Ranger

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
It seems like a bad idea, at the early stages, for Jerry to share his new serving "material". I say this, because he wishes for it to remain proprietary, [can't blame him for that], and Marty takes great care on his servings. So in a experimental stage the question would be, material or method. Not the most conducive method for scientific results. What is rewarding to us end users is, both are trying to help with a problem.
Exactly my plan was when I started and still is to keep it proprietary and only share it with folks that I choose and marty is or was one of them.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
One thing you said that was correct Jerry is "you shouldnt have had stuff deleted" No matter what your reasons were...legit or not,you know what it makes it look like to the public...

I can understand you deleting things you said,but getting his threads deleted was way over the line...o_O

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
One thing you said that was correct Jerry is "you shouldnt have had stuff deleted" No matter what your reasons were...legit or not,you know what it makes it look like to the public...

I can understand you deleting things you said,but getting his threads deleted was way over the line...o_O
There are members here who saw the posts both of us made and Marty was called out because of what he posted

I asked to have my post deleted because I assumed it is what set Marty off. I didnt ask to have it removed because I didnt want people to see it. I dont think I said anything wrong.

The mod chose to remove Marty's two posts

I did it so Marty did not look like an ass, I didnt want him to get attacked.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
He has a reason,hes not an azz, and he has a phone number. You dont have to keep emailing him to call you. If you really want to talk it out with him you can..

·
Happy Member
5,277 Posts
At this point it’s between Marty and Jerry. If you have an administrative question then refer to them.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 87 Posts