Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I am one of those nemesis owners who has premature string serving wear from too much downward pressure on my center serving (less than 50 shots).....Would like to have my serving redone before the season.

i have a local scorpyd shop that I purchased my bow from (wish I would have gotten the Aculas)...and I trust to rewrap my Center serving.

would someone be so kind as to advise me of the latest recommendation for who is making the best serving string to provide the longest life for the serving? Would like to get some ordered please.

thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Two places. Both here on CBN. Martymig is a custom string builder and has a proven track record. Strings and Cables.

Tapp Nation Archery. Jerry and Eric manage the business and the shop is a certified Scorpyd repair facility.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
178 Posts
Two places. Both here on CBN. Martymig is a custom string builder and has a proven track record. Strings and Cables.

Tapp Nation Archery. Jerry and Eric manage the business and the shop is a certified Scorpyd repair facility.

Good Luck!
+1

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have developed a new serving that is 100% braided Kevlar. It is the most abrasive resistant fiber available today. We are seeing it last over 1100 shots and still have life

If you want custom strings get them from marty if you need a string reserved I can handle that for you. And if you want to reserve your own my serving is sold through South shore archery

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apologies...I may have been confusing in my messaging...inquiry.

i was under the impression that with a little serving wear..I just needed to order some better quality center serving string from one of the good folks here and have my local scorpyd dealer Rewrap my center serving to get A few hundred shots out of my string vs less than MF 50 Shots with stock serving.

based on the responses..I am getting mixed messages or perhaps I am just confused.

mind setting me straight Please?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Order the serving material from South Shore Archery if you are just going to have your Scorpyd dealer reserve the original string. He did mention you can buy his new material in the above post.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
You mentioned your serving was only good for 50 shots because you have excessive string down pressure on your rail. That is why I said you can have Burkey fix that issue for you. Or....just reserve your string and have fun. No confusion intended..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No sorry..my missread. Thanks for your patience. Think I will upgrade the serving string now to get me through this season. will then have riser fixed in offseason after xmas as I am assuming I would need to ship whole bow to have that remedied.

Guess I was hoping scorpyd was gon a step up.

many thanks to all....so greatfull folks here have come up with necessary fixes for this bow.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spoke with my dealer... he said best thing to do is to replace whole string and center serving at once. unless you have a specialized machine that wraps the center serving tight enough....it may still separate prematurely.

so will plan on that.. so sad less than 50 shots

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Send Martymig a PM and he will fix you up!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Spoke with my dealer... he said best thing to do is to replace whole string and center serving at once. unless you have a specialized machine that wraps the center serving tight enough....it may still separate prematurely.

Your dealer is wrong,

A pro server spins at around 8k RPMs and hand server at about 30 RPMs

I buy the best serving jigs I can find and I can tell you with 100% confidence serving jigs have a difficult time serving at 30 RPMs much less 8k RPMs

Nothing beats a really tight hand served string

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will defer to your knowledge.. here Is what my dealer said specifically on topic.
“The trigger system itself that grabs and holds the string sometimes separates the servings as well. Hand serving them sometimes doesn’t get them tight enough and a couple shots they start to spread apart there on some bows. “

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Marty owns a Nemesis 480 and builds custom strings for many here,including the four sets I have of his. His strings are HAND built and have proven to be some of the best strings for the heavy hitters. Your dealer has no idea what he is talking about,PERIOD!!!
You came here looking for answers and Marty can help you. He probably has a few extra Nemesis strings already made up and could ship you one if needed in a hurry! Not sure about that,but if not he could make you one ......

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

I'd be calling Scorpyd if I were you. 50 shots is nothing. That serving should have held up longer. They might send you a replacement.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I'd be calling Scorpyd if I were you. 50 shots is nothing. That serving should have held up longer. They might send you a replacement.
His "DEALER" should be making that call! Isn't that the point of going through a dealer vs buying direct? Perhaps the dealer did call and got the same "song and dance" us other owners did,that it's strictly a hunting bow and normal! Another Nemesis owner hung out to dry........Sad!!!
50 shots is barely a break-in/sight-in session anyway!

·
Registered
232 Posts
will defer to your knowledge.. here Is what my dealer said specifically on topic.
“The trigger system itself that grabs and holds the string sometimes separates the servings as well. Hand serving them sometimes doesn’t get them tight enough and a couple shots they start to spread apart there on some bows. “
There is very likely an issue with the bow if you only have 50 shots but with that said the dealer only knows what he sees. I am scorpyds maintenance center, I have also just completed extensive research on strings, string wear and what makes the best string.

It is IMHO impossible for a machine served string to match a well made hand made string. I have found it impossible at the high force I install the serving for the jig to make it more than 5 or 6 servings until it has to be reset.

I am not saying this to get you to come to me for a string, go to marty he is an excellent string maker. I am saying this because it is a fact proven by many hours of testing

Scorpyd is sending me 40 strings at a time to remove the factory serving and install my serving by hand. Again there is nothing better than a hand served string and no serving better than the serving I just developed!

Expect for the bows over 450 fps I would not be surprised that if the owner follows maintenance guidelines this new serving may just last the life of the string, it is that good!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts