Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Burky in your photo that bow looks gold anodized, the man with the golden bow. Kinda like James Bond with the man with the golden gun.:D

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
4 hrs of shooting between 2 bows i re barreled with proper riser height .
50-60 shots per bow , no wax every 5 or 10 shots , no rail lube , wore me out !!!!
Red serving is Marty's , black serving is mine , both .036 AM .

View attachment 171742
View attachment 171740
Wow The mystery of the nemesis string problems. This is getting old. I notified Scorpyd the other day to inform them that I was going to void my warranty ! I love my NEMESIS and I told them that, and also I will be a life long customer. I also love to shoot and shoot a lot so what do I do ? I understand completely that there is enormous liability issue with scorpyd to allow anyone to modify there bows without all the necessary research and development! I personally would sign all necessary liability release forms but, I also know there will be some that will not.Today 2020 there are way too many LAWSUIT'S that is why the companies hands are tied.I am going to modify my nemesis that is on me! All I can say is jerry is the right man for the job to get the most out of anyone's strings.I can say that because jerry told me and assisted me with a unusual request with arrow length ,weight and accuracy HE WAS SPOT ON! I just can't say enough about Jerry and the Company GREAT PEOPLE! Good luck with all testing I hope you'll find a acceptable results. I also need to give a big thank you to REX from scorpyd he also went the whole nine yards with me to help!! "SCORPYD OWNER FOR LIFE"

·
Registered
141 Posts
I need everyone to know that if you want exceptional custom service with you purchase you must call David from Wyvern. This man will deliver period !! Great Prices & very accommodating !! Thank You Dave.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They did fix it with the new riser for 2020 models..they just aren't retro fitting them. There was to much pressure from all the pre orders after the ATA show and they rushed them out the door ..
I knew that the issue would be corrected. No one can pour there heart and soul into a product especially when your the leader in the industry and settle for anything less !!!! YOU GO SCORPYD !! Thumbs Up and Hats Off

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Rex personally told me there were NO changes to the 2020 model Nemesis 480,except letting out the ata some with longer strings and cables! Glad I went a different route to remedy mine......I REALLY can't stand LIAR!!!
The first OEM riser manufacturer did a terrible job on the risers and barrels so scorpyd fired them

When they found a new OEM manufacturer Jim made some minor cosmetic changes

So no there is not a new riser or barrel for 2020
There is no doubt down pressure is a huge part of the string serving wear issue.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Hard to say, do you know how many shots it has?[/Q
It has about 50 shots on it , the top layer is thin , way thinner than i would ever use .

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The first OEM riser manufacturer did a terrible job on the risers and barrels so scorpyd fired them

When they found a new OEM manufacturer Jim made some minor cosmetic changes

So no there is not a new riser or barrel for 2020
There is no doubt down pressure is a huge part of the string serving wear issue.
So Scorpyd didn't like the job the OEM did and fired them,yet we were told there was nothing wrong with our pre-orders and to live with it basically? Got it......

·
Registered
811 Posts
I’d like to know why Jim Kemph designed in so much down pressure on the Nemesis when he didn’t on the Aceulous. Gotta be a reason, especially if he stayed with the same amount on the 2020 model. Changing the configuration to make the riser .125 higher to take out most of the down pressure would have been a simple programming dimensional change on the CNC program if their machining the riser halves out of a solid billet of material.

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
So Scorpyd didn't like the job the OEM did and fired them,yet we were told there was nothing wrong with our pre-orders and to live with it basically? Got it......
It was a single run and the didnt use any of the risers in that run

One issue has nothing to do with the other

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
It has about 50 shots on it , the top layer is thin , way thinner than i would ever use .
I sent test servings out with various top servings from .015 to .021 then I began looking for a different material in .021 and up

I'm waiting on some .036 to .039 in the new material

The best results I have gotten was with a .021

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is my latest serving job on my Nemesis. It has exactly 50 shots on It. I'm keeping the rail well lubricated but, with a dry non-absorbant lube so that it doesnt soak into the serving and soften it up, which will lead to seperation and premature wear. I use Black Lightening in very small applications when the matetial feels dry just to help with flexibility. Like I said from the start and everyone hated on me and tried arguing, but....the proof is in the picture. Its the way I served it that's helping alot too. I'm getting to know her pretty good now. View attachment 171346 View attachment 171348
Nice!!!!!

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I'm getting great results so far, with .036 .. It's how it goes on and how you maintain it and the rail. One thing i noticed is the serving doesnt come into contact the hardest with the rail until the last 4 inches of the stroke. This probably has something to do with the barrel flexing..... I believe this is where the damage is done to the serving. If this area stays well lubricated/waxed then the wear subsides.... I don't feel there's a better material you can use for this application, BCY Angel Majesty. 030 & .036. It's how you install it and maintain it. I'm very hesitant about using "non Archery" products..there could be hidden issues, such as damaging the finish of the rail or cutting into the material of the string with others...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It was a single run and the didnt use any of the risers in that run

One issue has nothing to do with the other
Well it’s fact that my riser wasn’t milled correctly and was sent to me as a pre order. So not too sure defective parts weren’t used here!

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Well it’s fact that my riser wasn’t milled correctly and was sent to me as a pre order. So not too sure defective parts weren’t used here!
Rex and I had a very hard time the first 1.5 years I knew him.

Then one day we had a breakthrough and we began developing a friendship

I dont always agree with him but I have never caught him in a lie

So i trust what he says

I have no idea what went on with your bow.

Should it have been handled differently? I have no idea I dont know the chain of events.

So my post was based on what I was told by Rex

I'm very sorry you had the issues you have had

41 - 60 of 63 Posts