Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this thing is awesome!
The fit and finish of this bow is the absolute best of any crossbow that I have viewed.

While reading everything that I could find I ran across a post from someone who alleged to be an attorney and stating that he would never purchase another Scorpyd crossbow because in order to register your bow’s warranty you must sign and return a waiver. Said poster stated that he would not waive his rights, blah, blah, blah.

Well I am an attorney and I signed the waiver. The waiver basically states that the purchaser:
1. Has watched the training video that came with the bow;
2. Understands that many people have been injured by placing an object or body part in the flight path of the string and this should be avoided at all times;
3. Understands that this crossbow has a manual safety and that it should be on at all times until ready to shoot;
4. Should never carry a crossbow while it is loaded;
5. Should never force an arrow into the trigger mechanism;
6. Holds Scorpyd Crossbows harmless from any loss or injury from NEGLECT, MISUSE, ALTERATION, or any other event out of the control of the manufacturer.

I see NOTHING wrong with the waiver. While you may not be required to sign a waiver for other manufacturers, you CANNOT hold them responsible for your NEGLECT, MISUSE, ALTERATION, or any other event out of their control.

Haven’t shot it yet, maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Lonster

·
Registered
78 Posts
And this thing is awesome!
The fit and finish of this bow is the absolute best of any crossbow that I have viewed.

While reading everything that I could find I ran across a post from someone who alleged to be an attorney and stating that he would never purchase another Scorpyd crossbow because in order to register your bow’s warranty you must sign and return a waiver. Said poster stated that he would not waive his rights, blah, blah, blah.

Well I am an attorney and I signed the waiver. The waiver basically states that the purchaser:
1. Has watched the training video that came with the bow;
2. Understands that many people have been injured by placing an object or body part in the flight path of the string and this should be avoided at all times;
3. Understands that this crossbow has a manual safety and that it should be on at all times until ready to shoot;
4. Should never carry a crossbow while it is loaded;
5. Should never force an arrow into the trigger mechanism;
6. Holds Scorpyd Crossbows harmless from any loss or injury from NEGLECT, MISUSE, ALTERATION, or any other event out of the control of the manufacturer.

I see NOTHING wrong with the waiver. While you may not be required to sign a waiver for other manufacturers, you CANNOT hold them responsible for your NEGLECT, MISUSE, ALTERATION, or any other event out of their control.

Haven’t shot it yet, maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Lonster
Smart part of Scroypd to protect them from unnecessary liability

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smart part of Scroypd to protect them from unnecessary liability
Liability is liability. What Scorpyd is asking you to waive is liability that they wouldn’t be held responsible for to begin with. It would be akin to GM requiring you to sign a waiver stating that they aren’t responsible if you have an accident because you removed the steering wheel from your new car that you purchased from one of their dealers.
I think Scorpyd does this just to make sure that the purchaser hopefully reads the waiver and remembers the safety precautions.
FYI, there is a typo in the waiver😁

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
You can hunt that one hard all you want.
#4 is crazy. I hunt with my xbow loaded all the time. If it's not loaded your not hunting. That the whole purpose of that snap-on nock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, so I shot the Aculeus this morning before work and my first impressions are:
1. Not hard to cock with the long string cocker. This is the first crossbow that I’ve cocked with a string cocker and I didn’t have any problems at all.

2. The safety is nice and quiet, you can easily switch the safety to “Fire” with NO SOUND.

3. The trigger breaks clean and it is light, not too hard and not too soft, just right.

4. This bow is quiet. The only crossbow that I have to compare it to is my Tenpoint Stealth NXT, however I’m pretty sure that this Aculeus is quieter.

5. This bow is smooth. It shoots like butter.

6. This bow is FAST. My Stealth is rated at 410 FPS and I used my Tenpoint scope from my stealth (my scope for the Aculeus is backordered) all I did was adjust some windage and elevation. I left the SAME SPEED SETTING that was previously set for my Stealth. The same exact speed.

7. This bow is extremely accurate. This bow is more accurate than my Tenpoint Stealth. I was shooting from a picnic table with a rifle rest and only shot out to 40 yards, but all of my shots at 40 yards were in the X (shooting at a different X each shot of course).

Overall I love everything about this bow. I haven’t weighed it and the Tenpoint but the weight of the two bows feels pretty close to the same. The Aculeus is balanced better, you can shoulder it with one hand and aim pretty good only holding it by the pistol grip.

Hopefully by the weekend I can stretch it out a little further. So far I’m really happy with it.

Lonster

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lonster,

I see you and I have very similar tastes in a high-end crossbow!!

About 2:00pm yesterday, I finally finished a year-long search and review of supreme quality crossbows....and decided I wanted a Scorpyd Aculeus (with 110 lb. genuine Barnsdale limbs) with the "Black Soft Touch" finish. So I called Scorpyd and spoke with Rex. Very nice fella and he confirmed that he, personally, has hunted with his Aculeus for two seasons now. Rex also said the 110 lb. limbs would result in the quietest shooting, easiest cocking, smoothest shooting Aculeus that Scorpyd currently builds.

Supposed to arrive to me early next week! Please let us know how you like shooting your new Aculeus! What draw-weight limbs did you order for yours?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Falconer4ever,
I ordered the 135# limbs. It’s very quiet, shoots smooth and is fast.
Congrats on your purchase you’ll love it.
Lonster

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received my aculeus with 110lb limbs the other day. Unfortunately the scope wasn’t instock for the package I ordered, so I’m waiting on that to drop ship from hawke. Threw an old scope on and the bow is an absolute laser! Breaking arrows on the very first group shot at 60 yards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice purchase. I love my Aculeus....
Hi ApexerER,

If I remember correctly from reading through the Scorpyd Forum, you really wanted a Nemesis badly but were concerned about the issues some guys were having with Nemesis 480?

I remember a post to you from Jerry (South Shore Archery) who cautioned you about being worried and buying it anyway. I remember thinking to myself, "I sure hope somebody on here tells Apexer about the Scorpyd Aculeus option!"

And lo and behold, about 30 minutes later, Jerry posted again and suggested you seriously consider the Aculeus. Apparently, you took his advice and bought yourself an Aculeus! :)

How do you like it? How long have you had it? What limb-poundage did you go with? What color/finish?

😊
After researching endlessly for almost a year, I had narrowed it down to either a Scorpyd Aculeus or a Mission Sub-1.

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered an Aculeus (with 110 lb. limbs) in the "Black Soft Touch" finish. I am not obsessed with raw speed. My focus is as follows (in order of priority): 1) Accuracy 2) Reliability 3) Quietness of shot and smoothness 4) lack of recoil/movement 5) Reasonable speed.

Aculeus is supposed to arrive early next week......very excited as you can imagine!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just received my aculeus with 110lb limbs the other day. Unfortunately the scope wasn’t instock for the package I ordered, so I’m waiting on that to drop ship from hawke. Threw an old scope on and the bow is an absolute laser! Breaking arrows on the very first group shot at 60 yards.
Gary,

Great to hear from another 110 lb. limb Aculeus owner! Rex at Scorpyd said mine should arrive to me early next week.

Fantastic to hear it is shooting lasers and busting nocks at 60 yds!

I'm about to order 1/2 dozen custom Spynal Tapp arrows from Jerry at South Shore Archery, and also 1/2 dozen custom arrows from Borkholder Archery.

Between these two options, I should be able to determine the most accurate bolts for the bow.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Going to be some very happy shooters real soon on this thread! Congrats to you all.......

·
Registered
105 Posts
On a calm day, mine will shoot a three shot 1" group at 60 also,with Scorpyd factory arrows.I may try some of Jerrys arrows in the future,to see if I can better that.But with my old eyes,I'm pleased,and then some with the results.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts