Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Are the nocks seated in the arrow?.....any play to them? (looks like there is a small space between the carbon and the plastic....is it square). This may not be a good thing. Cheers!
Fred

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
I personally wouldn't attempt to shoot those from my bow. You need to remember how much force is being placed on the nock and back end of the arrow. Picture a sledge hammer crashing down on that, in the pictures. You want everything to be just right or you could end up with a cut string and a dry fire and losing your warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The nocks are glued in looks like the nock is in on a tilt to me, one side is flush the other side is in the photo gapped. Have the high-tech bow don't need no explosion on the shot that's why I'm asking. 7 out of 12 are simular the other five look better just seems like the nock diameter is to small like there just fitting in the arrows inside diameter without falling through don't know.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,531 Posts
Try cracking it loose and re setting it, without damaging the arrow.

·
2,197 Posts
Maybe it's an optical illusion but it sure does look to me that the arrow end is not nearly square. If that is the case, send them back.

·
Registered
7,531 Posts
Yeah, I would get a refund and buy better arrows.... that will mess with your accuracy also.

·
2,197 Posts
Wow! that last picture shows that the nock is pretty undersized for the shaft! The OD of the nock looks much smaller than the shaft. Maybe why the nock is askew? Gloves and face shield required!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Certainly looks like the nocks are tilted.
Where did you buy those arrows ? Any recourse there? Those nocks look of poor quality and installation. Personally, I would not attempt to shoot those. My suggestion, would be to have correct nocks inserted properly. If not sure of doing yourself, have a archery shop redo.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The maker said he will make it right I just don't have time for all the back and forth shipping any long-term well known member want them? send me a USPS money order $100 I'll ship them today ups.
They are ASAP arrows 17", 289 w/o tip 425 GT ballistic Pro

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I would not attempt to repair those arrows and if possible return them.
A high quality arrow I am shooting that is not that expensive is the Blood
Sport Witness. 20" weigh an average of 328 grain with out a point. The 22"
weigh the same with out a point. The difference is the 20" have a 95 grain
brass insert whereas the 22" have a 77 grain brass insert. These arrows
are very accurate providing the crossbow is properly tuned and using a
good rest.
The arrows are manufactured in China for Plano Synergy and available
at Wal Mart and Amazon. They are classed as weight forward.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
The maker said he will make it right I just don't have time for all the back and forth shipping any long-term well known member want them? send me a USPS money order $100 I'll ship them today ups.
I would ship them back as they are not safe to shoot.
As you mentioned, the nocks can not be moved as per Post #8 so they
must be glued in.
Cutting that end off, then: 1)the arrows could be too short, 2)one loses
the vane to nock clearance unless refletching.
Take care.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I usually buy nothing but Jerry spinal tapps but I was reading good things so I wanted to give these a try.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
REALLY ! ! !

"As Straight As Possible” - I think the shaft squaring tool is a bit off.

Wait until Jerry sees this thread. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Baltimore, MD - Ten Point Viper S400
699 Posts
The only thing I would "try" is to apply heat to HOPEFULLY reactivate the glue as you push hard/firm on the nock. It may pop into place and seat properly. If 5 look good then it's the installation of the nock or arrow prep, not nock size. Someone could have got two sizes mixed together but I think they're just improperly installed.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
WOW! What a pile of chit. I cant believe someone actually made them to sell to another person on here. I certainly didn't expect your response that they where asap arrows the way guys have been yaking them up.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I want them back. I will provide you 100% of your money back including the shipping to you and from you. You will not be out one cent.
What I find odd is the fact you did not contact me directly regarding this first, else you went directly to the forum. That is your choice. However, I have not seen this issue with any builds and was attempting to understand and make this right for you.
I will investigate this upon return and follow up on what was found. "Those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing"
My apologies for your experience.
FD

1 - 20 of 99 Posts