Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well I'm in the process of a move I'm not sure if they'll be shipped to me here at this address before I move so I just didn't want to go with the back and forth I informed Farm Deer before I even had them shipped to me how long was the process because I wasn't sure if I would have been gone. if you smell something fishy maybe it's the fish you left out.

Registered
wicked ridge blackhawk 360
If you are shooting a Tenpoint Havoc, shouldn't they be Alpha nocks?
I also find it a little odd that you don't want to waste time shipping back to seller, when apparently he offered a full refund including shipping both ways. Yet you are willing to lose money selling them to whoever, and you are still involved with shipping process and time.
Hmmm馃

Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX

I recently bought 6 of the ASAP GT arrows cut to 18鈥 for my Viper. Since they are a touch lighter than the zombie shafts I added 125gr field points. They weigh in at 424 grains with the 125gr tips. They chrono at 362fps out of my year old Viper. Shot these two groups today at 50 yards. I鈥檓 a hunter and no target shooter so I鈥檇 say pretty impressive!

Registered
View attachment 196225 View attachment 196226
I recently bought 6 of the ASAP GT arrows cut to 18鈥 for my Viper. Since they are a touch lighter than the zombie shafts I added 125gr field points. They weigh in at 424 grains with the 125gr tips. They chrono at 362fps out of my year old Viper. Shot these two groups today at 50 yards. I鈥檓 a hunter and no target shooter so I鈥檇 say pretty impressive!
Nice shooting.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

Premium Member
I am not challenging any claim. I will say I went back this early afternoon and checked 100 random nocks and did not find any defective nocks by pressing them into a brand new shaft. I then spent late afternoon with my grandchildren.:)
Just an hour ago my wife and I checked another couple hundred nocks. We found no defects other than having sore thumbs.

So, I have no clue without seeing the arrows. Sorry to involve so many on Easter Sunday.
Carpe Diem,
FD

Premium Member
I personally wouldn't attempt to shoot those from my bow. You need to remember how much force is being placed on the nock and back end of the arrow. Picture a sledge hammer crashing down on that, in the pictures. You want everything to be just right or you could end up with a cut string and a dry fire and losing your warranty.
I agree and I've had issues with plastic nocks that fit perfect. By the way Marty the string set is awesome.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
This is no Grand conspiracy to destroy a arrow maker. Farm Deer you say you went back and checked a bunch of nocks if you can do that then you could have just simply looked over the little12 you sent me and caught the mistake before it got in my hands. Your arrows will be on the way back tomorrow if the price isn't to much I'll overnight them and that will be that O yeah and thanks for the tracking number I never got.

Registered
This is no Grand conspiracy to destroy a arrow maker. Farm Deer you say you went back and checked a bunch of nocks if you can do that then you could have just simply looked over the little12 you sent me and caught the mistake before it got in my hands. Your arrows will be on the way back tomorrow if the price isn't to much I'll overnight them and that will be that O yeah and thanks for the tracking number I never got.
CDW,
You owe it to the maker to give them the opportunity to make it right first. You owe it to the community to take the maker up on his offer to make it right. The looks of those arrows is clearly something I would not want my face and hands near when fired, not even with gloves and a face shield. If the maker has an employee who messed that up he needs to figure out what/who caused it and take appropriate action. It might be an inconvenience to you to take the time to handle this well, but that's what makes a community like this better.

Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
What was the purpose of two different style fletchings on just 6 shafts?
That's the way they came. Your asking the wrong person.

Registered
That's the way they came. Your asking the wrong person.
I was asking the person that ordered and received them.

Didn鈥檛 you think that was odd to have different fletching within a 6 pack or was it no big deal?

Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
Don't trip over your log while you Try to get the spec out of your brothers eye.

Registered
I was asking the person that ordered and received them.

Didn鈥檛 you think that was odd to have different fletching within a 6 pack or was it no big deal?
I thought it was odd but it really didn't bother me. I just chalked it up to a low supply... I got them a discount price for doing a favor. I didn't expect them to be perfect.

Registered
Don't trip over your log while you Try to get the spec out of your brothers eye.
Is there an English translation for this?

Registered
CDW,
You owe it to the maker to give them the opportunity to make it right first. You owe it to the community to take the maker up on his offer to make it right. The looks of those arrows is clearly something I would not want my face and hands near when fired, not even with gloves and a face shield. If the maker has an employee who messed that up he needs to figure out what/who caused it and take appropriate action. It might be an inconvenience to you to take the time to handle this well, but that's what makes a community like this better.
I'm sorry, but that's just rediculous. He doesn't owe them anything at all. He paid in full in advance, and did not receive what he paid for. Simple as that
Whether he decided to give them the option to fix it is completely irrelevant, and his choice. He gave the vendor the chance already, when he bought it the first time. That is how the world works.

Yes, it's nice and proper business etiquette when a vendor acknowledges a mistake and makes good on it. But that's on them, not the buyer.

Registered
Thank you cbhunter. Sent you a pm tomontherun
Waiting on PayPal email address. Ready to execute next steps. Love ASAPS. Will be happy to buy from you. I'll stock pile my arrows because I shoot a lot. Let's make this a Win/Win.

Sorry for your experience but one door closes and another one opens. Opportunity, Karma. (y)

Reactions: dynamo61

Registered
View attachment 196225 View attachment 196226
Absolutely, legit! That's my shooting experience with ASAPS. Adding more to my stash works for me.

Registered
I'm sorry, but that's just rediculous. He doesn't owe them anything at all. He paid in full in advance, and did not receive what he paid for. Simple as that
Whether he decided to give them the option to fix it is completely irrelevant, and his choice. He gave the vendor the chance already, when he bought it the first time. That is how the world works.

Yes, it's nice and proper business etiquette when a vendor acknowledges a mistake and makes good on it. But that's on them, not the buyer.
I hope you hold yourself to that standard. Personally, I find your comments rather short minded. Some like to consume hate and others like to be a bit more pragmatic. Life always offers forks in the road to take. Go chase the rabbit to the standards that works for you. For me life is too short to be consumed in antagonism. Shoot on!

Registered
There's nothing wrong with ASAP arrows. Defects in workmanship happen all the time. In this world nothing is perfect 100% of the time if never at all. You just need to work with it and stay calm. There's no reason to get all excited over this....

Registered
Defects in workmanship happen all the time.
They don鈥檛 usually stay in business long if they do. That may happen in string making but I don鈥檛 recall anyone having any issue with Jerry鈥檚 products.

Probably should do a poll:

- how many have had issues with Jerry鈥檚 products?

- how many never have had an issue with Jerry鈥檚 products?

I think I鈥檝e had 5-6 half dozen Tapps orders with zero issues, plus several orders of fletchings. Never had any workmanship defects with them - they were always perfect.

Reactions: robertyb
41 - 60 of 99 Posts