Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Why drag Jerry into this mess he hasn't had anything to do with it
I’m not dragging Jerry in to anything, he most likely wouldn’t respond anyway. Marty said: "Defects in workmanship happen all the time”. So I was wondering if other arrow makers have defects all the time?

There was a recent poll as far as who’s bought custom arrows from who - and I believe Jerry had the most sales in the poll. So it seemed logical to see if anyone had gotten any defects in his workmanship - if it happens all the time.

Just thought it was a reasonable question.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
The way I see it it is up to the buyer on how he deals with it. In my opinion the best way would be to first contact the guy you buy them from. Usually when a company makes a mistake and you deal with them in a niceanner they throw a little something extra in for your inconvenience. They realize this gs like that get good reviews and are good for business.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope you hold yourself to that standard. Personally, I find your comments rather short minded. Some like to consume hate and others like to be a bit more pragmatic. Life always offers forks in the road to take. Go chase the rabbit to the standards that works for you. For me life is too short to be consumed in antagonism. Shoot on!
I'm in retail and I do it all day every day for 25 years now. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt, that that is the way it works. It has nothing to do with hate(really??) or my beliefs, in fact I treat retailers or vendors far better than most for that exact reason.
But that doesn't change for a second, that this issue is 100% on the vendor. It always is, especially if you manufacturer and sell something as custom any where close to high end. The consumer ordered a product and did not receive what he ordered, simple as that. It happens all the time, (and my comments are not aimed at any one company in general)

Again, how the vendor or the purchaser chooses to deal with it, proves their character. But I will stand beside my claim all day long that in this case the purchaser OWES NOTHING to the vendor. Absolutely nothing. If he chooses to cut ties with a vendor over a deal gone wrong, he is perfectly fine to do so and should not be shamed for his decision.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The way I see it it is up to the buyer on how he deals with it. In my opinion the best way would be to first contact the guy you buy them from. Usually when a company makes a mistake and you deal with them in a niceanner they throw a little something extra in for your inconvenience. They realize this gs like that get good reviews and are good for business.
This would have been ideal. Proper communication goes a long way.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
This would have been ideal. Proper communication goes a long way.
I think that is the consensus and you may have missed my point. I've been in business for myself and don't need to get a ruler out on the topic on the service industry with over 40 years at the national and global level. Now, I chase the rabbit in a weight room, shoot targets and dodge all the honey do's I can. :p I'm not a very good dodger because my honey always set a foolproof trap. ;)

This topic is a very easy fix. Take issues offline to find a win/win. Anything beyond that becomes unproductive.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
487 Posts
And we did $840k in 2020 in gross sales so it’s not like I don’t know a thing or two about a thing or two.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Horton Vortec RDX
487 Posts
In a town of 950 people. Strange stuff

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,553 Posts
They don’t usually stay in business long if they do. That may happen in string making but I don’t recall anyone having any issue with Jerry’s products.

Probably should do a poll:

- how many have had issues with Jerry’s products?

- how many never have had an issue with Jerry’s products?

I think I’ve had 5-6 half dozen Tapps orders with zero issues, plus several orders of fletchings. Never had any workmanship defects with them - they were always perfect.
Your being hyper critical.... I'm talking on a worldwide scheme of things... out of all the products being made daily over the entire planet in every market.....there's tons of unseen defects that occur. This is just one of them and it's being blown out of proportion.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,553 Posts
I don't see how a nock could seat itself at that angle 🤔 anyhow ? They are very tight when installing them. How could it be off that bad ? I'm starting to smell a fish in all of this. I'm leaving this alone and letting itself work out. The truth always comes to the light.....

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
And we did $840k in 2020 in gross sales so it’s not like I don’t know a thing or two about a thing or two.
Maybe it’s all your wife’s doing. (y)

Your being hyper critical.... I'm talking on a worldwide scheme of things... out of all the products being made daily over the entire planet in every market.....there's tons of unseen defects that occur. This is just one of them and it's being blown out of proportion.
You made the statement Marty on workmanship defects happening all the time. I was just wondering what source of info you were using.

That’s all.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
I'll say it again I have no personal squabble against Farm Deer don't ask me how the hell the nocks got in the arrows that way that's how they came to me and it's more than one that way more than 1/2 with those being the worst you guys are really starting to piss me off about this Arrow conspiracy sh#& the guy f#@&*¢ up and that's it, you can't except it? IAM the one out of time now even waiting for a refund but I went ahead and ordered some Arrows yesterday and I bet there will be no problem just have to wait 3weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
Maybe it’s all your wife’s doing. (y)
You made the statement Marty on workmanship defects happening all the time. I was just wondering what source of info you were using.
That’s all.
Geez, TP, you retired from Ford MoCo, you of all people should know all about manufacturing defects, even with Quality checks in every Dept.
Sheesh, let it go man!

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Geez, TP, you retired from Ford MoCo, you of all people should know all about manufacturing defects, even with Quality checks in every Dept.
Sheesh, let it go man!
So we’ve become CNN on CBN now? There’s a difference between manufacturing defects versus workmanship defects. I’ll unfollow this thread, you can keep working on your post count.

(I did work in Quality Control for 8 years). :)

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
So we’ve become CNN on CBN now? There’s a difference between manufacturing defects versus workmanship defects. I’ll unfollow this thread, you can keep working on your post count.
(I did work in Quality Control for 8 years). :)
CNN, what the heck does that have to do with anything?
Or my post count, I could care less about it.
Never mind, does not matter.

A defect is a defect, no difference.
I guess you only had experience in one plant, right in your home town and as such, do not know what goes into manufacturing an entire vehicle.
There is still a LOT of manual labor involved in producing a vehicle out the door.

Regardless, you cannot blame a machine for producing crap; whoever runs, programs or maintains the equipment is just as liable for the quality it produces.
Same with Quality Control, they can EASILY pass borderline crap just to meet their production quotas.
Manual or Auto GO/NO-GO fixtures, gauges and machines can have tolerances opened at will.
You should know that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I hate seeing threads like this, but it is the world we live in today. George has been great to deal with as I try to sort out the issue with my Siege. Even though the arrow damage wasn't his fault, he replaced them anyway. This is what I call great customer service.

Thank you, George!

·
Registered
825 Posts
IMO every new buisiness is going to have its lumps and bumps, growing pains etc until they get themselves fully established. I work in a factory in the quality department. We do everything we can to make sure the product is right before it gets shipped to the customer. We have safeguards in place to ensure this happens. Once is a great while something gets by those safeguards and gets to the customer. We learn from the mistake and put additional safeguards in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. You know what...it still eventually somehow does. This is from a company that has been in business over 60 years. This company didn't lose these customers because of the occasional mistake because they have forged relationships with these customers. Just as George has done and continues to do. Any issues that happen he faces head on and makes them right from what i have seen. That is how a buisiness grows, that is how relationships are made. I don't know George at all, haven't even had a conversation with him but I can tell from what I have read that he is a good honest well respected man. I bet this issue never happens again cuz u can bet your ass he has put safeguards in place, but if it does it is nice to know that he will make it right. 👍

61 - 80 of 99 Posts