Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Marty is the man when ya want a good set !!!!!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I have more string sets than I need. I started buying them from Marty when he got started even though I didn't need any. I am thinking of buying some more because I know they got better. First 3 people that have a Scorpryd and have not tried Marty's string sets PM Marty and I will pay for your set.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I have more string sets than I need. I started buying them from Marty when he got started even though I didn't need any. I am thinking of buying some more because I know they got better. First 3 people that have a Scorpryd and have not tried Marty's string sets PM Marty and I will pay for your set.
That's awfully generous of you Rich.. what a nice offer. I'm sure someone will take you up on it. I'll work out the details with you via PM...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Darn nice of you to do !!
Marty gets some $$$ and three lucky people get some great strings , Awesome !!!!!

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
No one's jumped on it yet.....
I'm surprised... I guess everyone is good to go.....???

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Alot of them do... there's alot of Scorpyd owners. You would be surprised... I'd say 65% of the strings I build are for Scorpyds!

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If i did not make my own , i would jump all over this fine gesture Rich brought forth !!!

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Rich PM sent

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just so happened to message Marty this morning. I got a new DS 420 last year and the serving started separating after 100 shots.. I found out after it was recommended I wax the serving. I would take you up on this offer if still available :)

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I just so happened to message Marty this morning. I got a new DS 420 last year and the serving started separating after 100 shots.. I found out after it was recommended I wax the serving. I would take you up on this offer if still available :)
I PMed Rit and let him know I have you requesting a set. I'll get you on my list as soon as I get confirmation.
Just to help you out, the serving seperation was from the serving not being applied tight enough and when this is the case, waxing the serving will just cause it to seperate even faster and wider. I put my servings on TIGHT, so tight that they need waxed or they will fray very quickly. Your serving did not seperate because you weren't waxing it. It seperated because whoever built that string didn't apply it tight enough. I will make you a string and cable set that the servings will never seperate and if you keep them waxed they will last you a long time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I PMed Rit and let him know I have you requesting a set. I'll get you on my list as soon as I get confirmation.
Just to help you out, the serving seperation was from the serving not being applied tight enough and when this is the case, waxing the serving will just cause it to seperate even faster and wider. I put my servings on TIGHT, so tight that they need waxed or they will fray very quickly. Your serving did not seperate because you weren't waxing it. It seperated because whoever built that string didn't apply it tight enough. I will make you a string and cable set that the servings will never seperate and if you keep them waxed they will last you a long time.
AWESOME! I'm stoked! I haven't been able to shoot the crossbow since last fall and never got around to getting it repaired. Luckily I had my old trusty ten point shadow ultra lite to get me through last season. Would love to get the DS in the field this season

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
This is really a great time of the year to be ordering new or backup string and cable sets, due to the fact the weather is still great and we still have plenty of time to get the new string and cables installed and adjusted in the pleasant weather and well before hunting season approaches. I honestly don't know anybody in the business that's doing the quality of workmanship that Marty's doing these days and certainly not at the prices he's charging for his sets. He's half the price of most other makers and easily double the quality. Four days ago I placed my orders with Marty for a new backup set. I just hope his prices continue for a while and he continues making his offerings.

Many of us crossbow shooters have experienced problems with the infamous "Tag Ends" on our servings coming unwrapped. Marty seems to have found away to prevent his servings from incurring these problems. I don't know of any other makes that have solved this problem.

Jon Henry

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
just got word from Marty that one person has taken the offer. Still 2 sets to go

1 - 20 of 25 Posts