Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to crossbow. I am legally blind and have tried a compound bow with no success. I tried a cross bow because it was scoped and I was able to shoot pretty well with it. My question is, what crossbow bolts do yo recommend that or in expensive ? I purchased an SAS Empire terminator crossbow a few years ago to shoot and my dad and I have decided to try and hunt with it this season. It has a 175 pound draw and shoots 265'fps. I am ooking for carbon bolts about 20" long that do not cost an arm and a leg because I am on a budget. If you'll have recommendations for broadheads also I would appreciate it very much and thank you.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Hello. I am new to crossbow. I am legally blind and have tried a compound bow with no success. I tried a cross bow because it was scoped and I was able to shoot pretty well with it. My question is, what crossbow bolts do yo recommend that or in expensive ? I purchased an SAS Empire terminator crossbow a few years ago to shoot and my dad and I have decided to try and hunt with it this season. It has a 175 pound draw and shoots 265'fps. I am ooking for carbon bolts about 20" long that do not cost an arm and a leg because I am on a budget. If you'll have recommendations for broadheads also I would appreciate it very much and thank you.
First thing, welcome to crossbow shooting and hunting! I understand the "Im on a budget" but arrows are not an area I would skimp on. All arrows are not created equal! For the most part, your bow accuracy will only be as good as the arrows you shoot!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you
First thing, welcome to crossbow shooting and hunting! I understand the "Im on a budget" but arrows are not an area I would skimp on. All arrows are not created equal! For the most part, your bow accuracy will only be as good as the arrows you shoot!
First thing, welcome to crossbow shooting and hunting! I understand the "Im on a budget" but arrows are not an area I would skimp on. All arrows are not created equal! For the most part, your bow accuracy will only be as any suggestions on a broadheD.
Any suggestions on a broadhead. Not a big fan of tracking a long way lol.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Thank you

Any suggestions on a broadhead. Not a big fan of tracking a long way lol.

There's many good broad-heads available! Im partial to Viper Tricks, but I also like Spitfire Maxx. Just about any sharp broad-head put through the hear/lung area will result in a very dead deer in short order. Ive killed a good many with crossbows and vertical bows and I can't ever remember one traveling more than 45-50 yds when double lunged. They simply don't go far shot through both lungs!!

I guess what I'm trying to say, you must do your part first!

Reactions: Jason D

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Jason, welcome to camp! As it’s been said, you don’t really want to skimp on arrows. I did get a box of 6 Victory Archery 20” arrows on sale last year for $20. They fly straight.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Easton XX 75 2219. Aluminum, old school but they shoot good. About 30 bucks for a half dozen. Pretty much all I use.
Good hunting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts