Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’ve been shooting a compound bow all my life. My son is now hunting with me and he uses a Barnett youth crossbow. He isn’t fond of tree stands yet. He’s only 12. I’ve been wanting to switch over to a crossbow. It’d be easier hunting from the ground in a blind with him if I had a crossbow. I’ve got it narrowed down to three different crossbows. I don’t want to spend tons of money but I’m wondering what you guys think. CenterPoint sniper, killer instinct rush 380 or the Barnett xp 380. I definitely want an adjustable stock. I don’t care much for the CenterPoint but that one seems to have tons of good reviews. I really like the new Barnett xp380. I like everything about it. There isn’t much info around about it yet though. It’s one of Barnett’s new x bows for 2020. My other choice is the KI rush 380. Only thing that I don’t like about the ki is that they seem to be notorious for breaking limbs and some people have said their customer service isn’t great. My budget is low. Don’t want to go over say $300-$350. Let me know whatcha all think. Thanks in advance.

·
9,040 Posts
Don't buy … the Barnett. Don't buy the Killer Instinct since you don't feel comfortable with them. Personally I like Killer Instinct for what I've read around here, but that's just me. Leaves you the Center Point which is a good choice anyway no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you read my post wrong. I bought the Barnett. It was the one I liked the most. I did like the killer instinct but seems people have had too many issues with them. I know those issues maybe be hit or miss but didn’t want to take any chances.

·
9,040 Posts
I think you read my post wrong. I bought the Barnett. It was the one I liked the most. I did like the killer instinct but seems people have had too many issues with them. I know those issues maybe be hit or miss but didn’t want to take any chances.
I don't … understand your question then. You listed three crossbows and asked for an opinion on a new crossbow. You own a youth Barnett already, that's clear.

If you already bought the Barnett XP380 and like it best, that's great. Confidence in your equipment is a big part of good shooting. Barnett has millions of satisfied buyers. Good luck with it.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I think you wrote the post wrong. We are reading it just fine.
You asked for opinions on what you should get as you had 3 choices.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I’ve got it narrowed down to three different crossbows. I don’t want to spend tons of money but I’m wondering what you guys think.
;)

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Barnett ts 380 is an excellent xbow. Trigger is head and shoulders better than the other 2. Anytime you ask this type of questions your gonna get opinions and personal dislikes. I have a ts 370 and a ts 390. Great hunting xbows. 3lb,zero creep trigger tech trigger. Go to Barnett forum on here for info and help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had ended purchasing the Barnett before I received any replies. Sorry for any confusion. Yes my son does shoot a youth Barnett crossbow. The biggest reason I went with the xp380 was because I liked the stock better than the KI and trigger on 380. I’ve read that KI doesn’t even build their own bows. I don’t know how much truth there is to that statement. Just stating what I read. Thank you all for replies and sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct. There was a deal I didn’t want to let go on the xp 380, so I jumped on it before you all had left a reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts