Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to crossbows and recently bought one. Look forward to learning as much as I can. Love hunting in general and planned on getting into archery this year but due to an injury I am unable to draw a bow until I recover so I decided to get a crossbow. I've only shot it a few times and love it. I think its going to be my new favorite hobby.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome to CBN Swampmonster! Many of us have gone to crossbows due to injury. Chances are i will never go back to a vertical bow either. LOL! You have come to right place to learn and to be entertained, that's for sure! There are a lot of good folks here and they are quite knowledgeable about XB's and lots of other things even. Enjoy your stay with us and I wish you all the best going forward. Be safe out there and "Knock some Dix in the dirt". :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome...Tell us about your bow.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Welcome Swampmonster.
Indeed, tell us a little more about your xbow, where you live, CC #, SSN#, etc., etc., etc.
LOL, JK.
Lots of great folks and a wealth of info here.
Enjoy and do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Cheers,
dynamo61

Reactions: Swampmonster

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
But watch out for those "furriners" up north. They will pick your brains for all your huntin' secrets.:eek::ROFLMAO:
Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, correct?
Feel free to share your favorite hunting grounds and watering holes, too.
Lat/Long, down to 1/100th of a degree is close enough.
:) :cool:
LOL, JK!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome. I have a Bear X Intense CD. Thanks to this site I will be contacting Bear tomorrow to get a new string and cables. I have only shot the truex arrows and my center serving has started to split and I have a pretty good fray on the cables after only a few shots. As for hunting secrets I don't have many but if I do tell you where I hunt my secret is to get you to unknowingly be a driver for me lol.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I have a Bear X Intense CD. Thanks to this site I will be contacting Bear tomorrow to get a new string and cables. I have only shot the truex arrows and my center serving has started to split and I have a pretty good fray on the cables after only a few shots. As for hunting secrets I don't have many but if I do tell you where I hunt my secret is to get you to unknowingly be a driver for me lol.
Good luck with Bear, I think their Customer Support is pretty good from what I have read here.
If you can post some pics of your strings/serving here, I'm sure many will be able to tell if it is still OK to shoot.

I like your style; gotta give something to get something, seems fair to me and if you were in the area, I might take you up on that.
Always more fun (for me) to share shooting/hunting experiences whenever possible.
Although I have no qualms about going out or shooting alone, neither.
I find it very relaxing to be at one with nature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts