Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself a new Killer Instinct Burner 415 and thought I'd sign up to the forum. Still getting it dialed in and getting used to shooting it. Thanks for allowing me into your community.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! So I must say that I am pleased as pie with this KI Burner crossbow. I finally got it dialed in pretty good with the field points today and figured out where to hold over out to 60 yards. I'm in disbelief at how tight it can group at that range. I instinct shot a vertical bow when I was a teenager in the '90s. It was a real stretch to hit the target at 40 yards. My effective range was 30 yards but I would practice at 40 to keep my skills sharp. I was bad enough that sometimes I would miss the hay bale. Here's what my last group at 60 yards looked like with the crossbow today. About 4 inches.

Something I found interesting is that I had my tightest groups at 30 yards and they actually open up a bit at 20 yards. I almost robin hooded one at 30. I don't think these light arrows the bow ships with are straightened out yet when they hit at 20 yards. They usually don't go in at the same angle. Also, if you end up buying this bow with the pro package, the "10 yard" hash marks in the scope are nowhere near correct for 10 yard increments. Sighted in at 20, the arrow hardly drops at all at 30, maybe an inch. Then I figure each hash represents 20 yards or so thereafter, so I'm holding between the second and third hash at 60 yards. I don't have a long enough range to check for longer distances, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it shoot good groups at 100 yards on a calm day. I'm still probably going to limit my shots to 40 but I am just in awe of how well it shoots at these ranges.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Congrats and welcome!
With the accuracy of xbows these days, you may want to be shooting at different bullseyes with each arrow.

We number the arrows 1 to 6 on the vanes.
Each arrow has it's own bullseye.

We take pics of each shooting round and can easily compare pics to see how each arrow is doing in its bull.
Anyway, food for thought to maybe save damaging a couple arrows.

Have fun!!!

Reactions: RandR10

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was aiming separately at the closer ranges but I just wanted to see what they looked like in a group at 30 yards. There's something so psychologically satisfying about seeing them all bunched up together in the bullseye.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Yeah I was aiming separately at the closer ranges but I just wanted to see what they looked like in a group at 30 yards. There's something so psychologically satisfying about seeing them all bunched up together in the bullseye.
Yup, it's kind of a cool feeling to robin hood an arrow.
For me, it was partial robin hood that cost me two arrows.
That was enough of aiming at the same bull for me LOL.

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts