Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JMO.
Almost there but not quite; no mention of night capability, or auto range reticle projection. The display will likely wash out in bright sunlight and throw out enough light in low light conditions to spook deer. Basically a cell phone/rangefinder combo. Might have bought this 10 years ago. Nice concept but will wait to get what I want, which I believe is not too far off.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
"all on its large LCD screen".

I don’t think an LCD screen is going to work like Cal said.

Joined today, 1st post is an advertisement. (y)

Looks like it sits a bit high.

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tim I just watched a vid on their website and a message flashed so fast that I almost missed it, saying that if you use the zoom feature, you will have to re-zero. A deal breaker for me.
I wish them success though.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts

Looks like it sits a bit high.

View attachment 182321 View attachment 182322
I saw a video from the ATA show (I think) that showed them shooting without the bow being shouldered. They were just aiming looking at the screen.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
The case for my DS380 is rather snug and I don’t believe I could zip it shut with that on top.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am wondering if the Zoom feature works like a sped dial to set your 30-40-50 yard ranges. If so you would set it up and then leave it alone.
I'm probably wrong, but I'm interpreting this to mean that if you zoom to get a better look, when you zoom out you'll have to re-zero or your shot will be off.

Reactions: MCINIL

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm probably wrong, but I'm interpreting this to mean that if you zoom to get a better look, when you zoom out you'll have to re-zero or your shot will be off.
No, you would zoom in to see your target better but zoom back to whichever power you sighted in at to take your shot. The Zoom feature will not be available until sometime in 2021, the current Omega model has no zoom. That video was put on the website in error by the webmaster, being corrected now...thanks for the headsup.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, your shot would be off, for example, in 2x, but zooming back out to the origin would be "on the mark?

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gotcha, thanks.

Reactions: Tim-OmegaSights

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
So how do you go about setting up your 30-40-50 yard settings for a crossbow shooting at 435 fps? Are the marks fixed and you just have to figure it out?

·
Crossbow Nut
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a good question there.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, you would zoom in to see your target better but zoom back to whichever power you sighted in at to take your shot. The Zoom feature will not be available until sometime in 2021, the current Omega model has no zoom. That video was put on the website in error by the webmaster, being corrected now...thanks for the headsup.
That doesn't seem like a great plan. Zoom in to see it better, zoom back where you sighted in to shoot....hard pass

·
Registered
9 Posts
So how do you go about setting up your 30-40-50 yard settings for a crossbow shooting at 435 fps? Are the marks fixed and you just have to figure it out?
Just as you would with any sight. Use the elevation reticles for each yardage. Sight in at 20, then determine which line is your 30, 40, and 50
That doesn't seem like a great plan. Zoom in to see it better, zoom back where you sighted in to shoot....hard pass
Frankly speaking, presently would you just sight in where you normally would and use your binos to get a close up? This will give you the opportunity to sight in at whatever power that fits your element. Maybe you sight in at 2X for your expected distance in a close wooded area, or if you're in a field and the shot is expected to be further sight in at 4X. The idea is that you have options to sight in at whatever element you plan to hunt. On my crossbow, I use the the current 2X when I sight in and note which reticles are my 20, 30, 40, and 50 yd at that power...it's really quite simple, and I get to video it with the push of a button.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
So if you sight in at 4X and then swap to 6X or 2X you will need to go back to 4X for your sights to still be on. I assume that like on a speed ring scope the 20 yard main crosshair will be good on any power?

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
This is very interesting stuff and it's obvious optics will continue to evolve with smart scopes / electro optic options suitable for crossbows emerging, like this one. I'm not sure any "screen type" solution is a good idea as a hunting tool but let's see how it is received. It's definitely not a practical idea for a close range night use.

The ATN solution today is the closest fit for all the things we like to do and it's reasonably affordable. It's just in too big a package to be practical for most of us and needs a fully integrated laser. It does deliver day and night capability, high quality video and the optional laser works for auto ranging.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts