Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I've heard, but haven't touched one yet. Anyone else?

Talked to the Texas sales Rep this morning and they are indeed working on a new crossbow to come out in early 2009. Guess that's why I haven't touched one, huh? Of course, it's going to be a superior product. I hope so! Better technology, and more market competition, the better for us consumers. Good Luck and best wishes to PSE on their new product.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I see all their crossbows are made in Taiwan.

The Copperhead Crossbow package is an exceptional value. This crossbow is a compound model with a draw weight of 150 pounds. It has a comfortable thumbhole grip stock with ambidextrous safety lever and an adjustable fore-end to custom fit the shooter. It features film dipped camouflage on the stock and limbs, cross hair style rear peep sight and a front sight with two brass pins. This crossbow is available in a complete package with a six-arrow quiver, black padded shoulder strap, four crossbow bolts with points, and safety glasses. The Copperhead crossbow is full of high-end features at an entry-level price point. MADE IN TAIWAN

·
Banned
364 Posts
I would definitley pass on that. I'm a firm believer in buying made in the good old USA or the fartherst away would be Canada. Fluck that offshore crapola, Far too much US money goes over there as it is/ We need to be supporting the US not Pacific Rim countries!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
This crossbow is available in a complete package with a six-arrow quiver, black padded shoulder strap, four crossbow bolts with points, and safety glasses. The Copperhead crossbow is full of high-end features at an entry-level price point. MADE IN TAIWAN

·
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The off shore crossbows is not what I am refering to. They have had them for a while now. The new crossbow is one I read about on AT. The guy said it was going to be made here in the good ol USA and it would be a high dollar model.

·
1,222 Posts
Griz -

I'm a firm believer in buying made in the good old USA
While I agree with the idea..............
If your statement is true...I hope you don't Firestone tires on your car/truck.

Or any of the OTHER once "American" names now made offshore!

Either that or you don't own much!?

Mike

·
Banned
364 Posts
Nope, Don't have Firestone tires. If I have any choice at all I will buy made in USA. I'm quite consciuos of the inability to do that with a lot of stuff. BUT when I possibly can I buy AMerican. Pretty tough to do so on a lot of stuff but I damn sure won't blatantly buy off shore made products. like crossbows, scopes, guns, etc.

·
89 Posts
Back to the jist of this thread... Yes, there is an upper-end crossbow under beta testing right now. Should make the 2009 product line with delivery beginning in November.

How do I know? Don't ask!

·
89 Posts
Oh,

I'm surprised that the moderators allow xenophobic talk to stand on these boards. To dismiss the value of a product based on where it was produced is not just shallow BS, it is inherently incorrect. It's a defensive mechanism based in fear. Yeah... Americans excel at everything in consumer markets!!! I'm particularly impressed with all of the Kodak cameras on the sidelines of NFL games. The fact is, we live in a global economy and everything from everywhere is intertwined. Fact is that ANY company can make a premium product and ANY company can produce absolute drek. Most people opt for something in the middle, which is where the PSE Copperhead and Rattler are.

·
89 Posts
Oldflyer,

Beta testing is the process of giving field trials to a product. It includes testing of all mechanisms for usefulness and reliability, wearability etc. With archery products, beta testing usually lasts for 3-4 months of hard use. Any susceptability to failure is usually brought out and steps are taken to correct any problems.

Jack

·
Banned
364 Posts
Cadet Jack wrote; " I'm surprised that the moderators allow xenophobic talk to stand on these boards. To dismiss the value of a product based on where it was produced is not just shallow BS, it is inherently incorrect. It's a defensive mechanism based in fear....."

The "value" of a product made in the Pacific Rim doesn't have shiete to do with whether I would buy it or not. If given any choice at all, I will buy MADE IN THE USA. Why would I want to spend my money supporting far east countries?? That's foolish thinking!!

Fear doesn't have shiete to do with my decision either. It's GD time that people start thinking about spending their money supporting this country. Far too many companies and manufacturers are taking their operation off shore so they can make higher profits. Fluck that crapola made off shore, especially in the far east. I won'tr buy it if at all possible. It just pi$$ me off when I see products being sold for high dollar here that are made in Taiwan, China , Japan, Korea, etc. Idon't care what the quality is, to me it's still crapola!!!

I suppose it commendable that you support the company where you make your living but don't spue your idealogolical BS to me or condemm my decisions about what I buy.

·
89 Posts
You assume too much, sir. I do not work for PSE. I am an independent engineer and work for many companies.

I will not respond to your tirade for reasons obviouos to anyone with an iota of intellect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts