Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

Registered
OK Kids, let's not start bickering amongst ourselves! The usually answer will work - wear what you wish. I usually wear a face mask while hunting and I won't change the type of mask for this virus. It will be harder if you typically hunt with a group of people as, we all "should" done a proper mask when congregating closer than 6 ft. I usually ask the people around me if they want to use proper "mask edict" or are they comfortable "as is". We should respect others - bottom line. IMHO
Not even close to 'bickering, Papps!! Your last line's a gem though...

Registered
I hate masks and only where them where i have to for admittance (i.e. grocery store).

Funny thing though is i started buying maks for concealment from SA (they have camos and solids), and i've been throwing one of those in my back pocket when going shopping.

I agree with Spot on, i dont hang out with crowds either LOL

Registered
When I had surgery I woke up and everyone in the room had masks on. Was i operated on by leftists? A mask keeps you from getting unwanted particles in your lungs. Or at least it did for many years before Covid.
Every time I have been operated on they were all wearing masks before even putting me to sleep. It kills me when people refuse to wear masks for Covid but would have a fit if a they saw a Doc or Nurse in a operating room not wearing one if one of their family members was going under the knife. I guess some folks think there are magical masks used for medical personnel and others don't work. :rolleyes: o_O

Happy Member
I read somewhere that about 85% of masks/face coverings does absolutely NOTHING to prevent exposure to Covid-19 or any other virus/germs! If you can move a flame on a candle while blowing out air wearing a mask/face covering, then that mask/face covering is doing absolutely NOTHING to prevent anything!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlinMi

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
Here is example I what I had in mind when I created this post for hunting. With a few mods it could be better such as covering the neck. It is a new option that I'm consider to replace the pull overs style.

Registered
I wear a neck gaiter to cover from neck to nose. I cut 3 slits in the front of it to keep my glasses from fogging up. I have different fabric thicknesses for warm or cold weather. With my boonie hat pulled low and the gaiter pulled high not much shows except for my glasses. I hunt mostly from the ground so camo is essential.
Sorry I got sidetracked. Hoping everyone is well today.
Oncebitten

Registered
Nice mask Spot on!

I bought masks and some of the wicking pull over neck gator face coverings in various camo as dual purpose face coverings. I bought some novelty masks with bucks on them and sent them to my hunting buddies for fun. Not sure how much I will be seeing them this fall.

Not a lot of people working in my building. Some of them are wearing masks around some not. I tend to wear a mask when I go to the bathroom. I get wierd looks... not sure if that is the camo or the mask, but, I think it is just wearing a mask.

No crowds here either. Covid makes it easier to avoid crowded places I never liked anyway! (Bonus!).

I am going to be wearing some of the camo neck gators in the stand though... but then again I did that before it was covid related. I sure am going to try to correct the behavior of a Buck that isn't properly social distancing out there this fall!

Happy Member
Do you believe everything you read?
It was also on the national news. Doctors explained what masks work and which don't. Personally I don't use a mask because of physical and psychological reasons.

Registered
That doesn't surprise me, I suppose, I never felt like those neck gator thin face coverings did much. So it looks like they are worse than nothing for spreading covid if you had it. Are they better than nothing for stopping breathing in covid? The lack of good information and knowledge of this whole thing is a constant disappointment.

Fortunately, they are still good for camo! They are easy to have on hand to meet our executive order requirements. A couple I bought had little filter pouches, where you could insert a filter element in so maybe those are better? Still can't find any N95 masks, N95's seem to be the only ones that really work. It seems like they would have manufactured enough of those now that there would be some flow over excess. But , they don't seem to make those in camo anyway so what use are they?! lol.

I am definately going to have to quarantine myself in a treestand soon for safety purporses!

Registered
Discussion Starter #36

Registered
Discussion Starter #37
That doesn't surprise me, I suppose, I never felt like those neck gator thin face coverings did much. So it looks like they are worse than nothing for spreading covid if you had it. Are they better than nothing for stopping breathing in covid? The lack of good information and knowledge of this whole thing is a constant disappointment.

Fortunately, they are still good for camo! They are easy to have on hand to meet our executive order requirements. A couple I bought had little filter pouches, where you could insert a filter element in so maybe those are better? Still can't find any N95 masks, N95's seem to be the only ones that really work. It seems like they would have manufactured enough of those now that there would be some flow over excess. But , they don't seem to make those in camo anyway so what use are they?! lol.

I am definately going to have to quarantine myself in a treestand soon for safety purporses!
The only type of gator face mask I like for hunting to date are the thin polyester ones that allow more cooling. I normally cut a hole to allow for free breading and less foggy of glasses. But I'm always open for better in anything.
I accidently received (5) N95 masks which were mixed in with a order for something else. I like them the best for Covid-19 applications not for hunting.

Reactions: philztoy

Registered
For hunting I usually use a camo hat and typically a loose fitting camo neckerchief thing over my nose and neck. I have seen people wearing neckerchief arrangements around. Are those better than a neck gator for covid purposes?

The good thing about covid is I have a LOT of different camo polyester neck gators to try now! I think they will be decent for early season use! I will be able to soak some of them in bug repellant to keep the mosquitos away. I use ozone generators for covid repellant.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts