Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
OK Kids, let's not start bickering amongst ourselves! The usually answer will work - wear what you wish. I usually wear a face mask while hunting and I won't change the type of mask for this virus. It will be harder if you typically hunt with a group of people as, we all "should" done a proper mask when congregating closer than 6 ft. I usually ask the people around me if they want to use proper "mask edict" or are they comfortable "as is". We should respect others - bottom line. IMHO
In my honest opinion! This last line is the kind of thinking that has caused the hot spots!

Be responsible if others like it or not, you can be infectious for up to 10-14 days before you show symptoms!

Don't do it because some like or don't like it,, around others do it because that is the responsible thing to do,, so you don't risk infecting those who don't care, and in return infect numerous others! This is how we got where we are today after having it slowed and partially under control!

As far as wearing a face mask for hunting in the wide open hardwoods,,, I prefer to fashion mine to the season!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Walk thru woods with ghetto blaster radio, wearing pimp clothes with a feather in hat smoke g a cigar ,deer just look at you. Put on camo and get sneaky, nowhere to be seen.....😡
That is the truth! I need to hunt from my tractor I can drive right past them and they don't spook.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I was younger, I shot a deer with a vertical compound 20 feet up in a tree while wearing blue jeans and a red and black lumber jack shirt with a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth. Scout, study, get up high and play the wind.
I bow killed many a deer when I smoked Marlboro Lights in my tree stand. On the other hand, I sure am glad I gave them up over 20 years ago.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
1,421 Posts
So, Joe Biden wants everyone who is outside to wear a mask for the next 3 months. I would guess that would include hunters in a tree all by themselves.
Let's see, the election is in 3 months. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So, Joe Biden wants everyone who is outside to wear a mask for the next 3 months. I would guess that would include hunters in a tree all by themselves.
Let's see, the election is in 3 months. Hmmmm.
I doubt that will ever fly because of lack of resources to enforce it. He might as well say at all times.o_O

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was thinking I might wear an orange one to help meet the 200 sq in requirement in my state. Love to find a ninja mask in orange - it gets cold!

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
I was thinking I might wear an orange one to help meet the 200 sq in requirement in my state. Love to find a ninja mask in orange - it gets cold!
Here you go:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Buff Had to wear enough cammo paint in the USN. I hate that stuff. These have a nice cooling effect in heat and help when things cool off. Wash in washing soda.

I guess if you are that concerned about the COVID, you might should stay home.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
With Covid-19 impacting our lives forcing us to wear Covid-19 PPE 😷 will it be something to consider wearing during hunting for concealment in the right color?
I am considering the possibilities because the fit might be better.
Open for discussion.
By accident I found this Covid-19 camo mask yesterday. I will give it a try during bow season.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I don't feel like I need to wear a mask, sitting in a treestand in fresh air, hundreds of yards from any other person.
I wear a neck gator if decide I need to conceal my face but in a tree climber 23' high I feel I don't feel the need to wear it unless it cold weather hunting for warmth.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Same here but cover over the face gives me a little edge even in a tree 24 tree high. Those old does especially seen to be able to pick off least little movement. I failed to get a shot on the largest buck in 2011 because of that.

Reactions: heldfast

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I know 2 people who got covid. Both wore masks everywhere especially my 85 year old dad. Knock on wood both recovered and it was no big deal . Imo they give a false sense of security.

This is my mask. When I wear it to the store people stay the hell away from me 😆
20200915_173030.jpg

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
You are in full camo gear. I might step on you in the woods cuz you are well hidden.
Glad your folks recovered without a big deal. That is encouraging to read. But still wearing the mask.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I only wear a mask when required to enter a store or what have you. If I happen to forget mine I still go in and if they ask me to leave I will. Not trying to sound arrogant but I am over all this, not living in fear.

But when I go hunting I do wear a mask, in the early season I wear one that is made out of that bug net material. When it gets colder I pretty much wear the same that I do when I am turkey but put a fleece camo skull cap on. Has long has my ears and feet are warm I am good to go.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Yeah! I have wild selection of camo gear so I will always be prepared to meet the elements of weather. When I go to hunt I normally
have 2 bags of assorted layering clothes. Mask are abundant.

41 - 60 of 104 Posts